Friend requests

Friendship - A picture of people shaking hands as a sign of friendship.
@MarkyB21 (1545)
I keep getting friend requests from people who haven't replied to any of my discussions (and I haven't replied to theirs). I assume this is just people requesting as many friends as possible to try and get more responses to their discussions. I don't mind too much but when you deny their request and then another request comes through I find it annoying. Does everyone else find that they receive a lot of friend requests like this? Do you accept them anyway?
@mssnow (9495)
well marky you didn't have to deny my request ya know :P:P I might just jump anyways lol. I just accept anyone to be my friend. what is it hurting? I only put the ones who i want to on my friends notify. The rest I just accept and don't worry about it. I don't think i have denied anyone who has asked. i just figure what if that person who i might deny turns out to be my best friend.
@MarkyB21 (1545)
Hmm, maybe I could go for that approach - I don't have notify on for anyone at the moment. I take it this would mean checking my email inbox frequently though?
@mssnow (9495)
if you dont have notify on the dont check it lol
@MarkyB21 (1545)
lol - I meant if I turned notify on I'd have to check it.
@aidonia (4210)
• Greece
I accept all the friends request and the last few weeks I had many.You are one of them.I f you just check my discussion that I start yesterday you will no my answer to these Now I believe you are the right person to give me the answer at these question.I start yesterday a discussion for those who ask a friend request from me and after even if I try go to them (at least sometimes)they never came to me.I checked some of my last discussions and YES you are one of them..... So?????
@MarkyB21 (1545)
lol, yes I read that discussion yesterday but couldn't think of anything to post as a reply (it was a long day). I haven't been spending much time on myLot lately because of other priorities so I've just been replying to a few of the more fun discussions - I've been avoiding the ones that I have to think about too much. The more friends I have, the harder it becomes to reply to them all so maybe my approach of denying people is a good idea after all. I accept a friend request from anyone who has posted on one of my discussions and request someone as a friend if I find one of their posts particularly interesting or if I think I may have some interesting discussions with them in the future (like yourself). Maybe when I have more time again I will start to regularly check all of my friends' new posts like I used to but that takes a lot of time.
@aidonia (4210)
• Greece
This is the reason I don't ask a friend request,\I accept, I fell bad to say no at least without I gave them the chance to see what kind of person are and I try learn by responding to them topics, but you was the one he ask.....when you did the same. So you have the question and the answer too lol:
@mssnow (9495)
i feel so special lol
Yes, for me, I accept all friends requests. I don't have the heart to reject anyone and I am just mirroring what I do in real life. But having too many friends can get messy and you might have read my recent thread on harassment. So it is really up to you to decide a system that works for you. Do you expect people on your friend's list to reply to your discussions? Think over and do whatever you are comfortable with.
@MarkyB21 (1545)
I expect people on my friends list to reply to my discussions when they're about something they want to discuss - the same as I will reply to their discussions when I have something to say. I spot new discussions on the home page of myLot where it lists friend's new discussions - if I had too many friends it would get too difficult. Yes, I did read your post about harassment although I didn't respond as I had nothing to say on the subject at the time ;-)
That's completely fine by me. Just respond if you have something to say and you want to. ;-)
@gr8life (6253)
I never deny friend request. For the time being, I have no problem to accept them in my list. Yes, the list is getting bigger with names I seldom see responding to any of my discussions. Still, I don't mind accepting them. Only a few who really active commenting or posting discussions here. I always make a point to respond at least once to each of my friends every day. It takes time and not an easy thing to do. I am just trying my best!
@MarkyB21 (1545)
I like your approach - I too respond to some of my friends' posts each time I log on to myLot and then, if I have time, I respond to some other ones that I find interesting.
@KrisNY (7593)
It annoys the crap out of me- If I deny and they ask again- I think ok they might have thought I did it by mistake- but when they keep asking- I find it so annoying. I only accept friends by interest- so I always look at their profiles- If I can answer their discussions then I accept if not then I don't. It irritates me when I haven't answered theirs and they have not answered mine-
@MarkyB21 (1545)
I agree - if you deny a request it's annoying to get another one. Hopefully it's just a mistake.
@sjohnson628 (3197)
HI MARKYB! I usually accept all the friends requests I get. Even if they haven't answered to mine or me to them. I think if someone sends you a friends request it is because they like what you had to say in a discussion they saw and maybe they didn't have time to get to any of yours yet. And they just want to add you to their friends so they can reply in the future? I don't know but thats my one cent point of view! LOL!
@MarkyB21 (1545)
That's a good point - maybe I'll start accepting more people!
@lols189 (4798)
i always accept friend requests as this person may want to help me with my discussions and for me to help them too. plus it gives us a chance to meet new people
@kumar27 (129)
getting friends request is surpring to me as m,any want to be friend of mine whether replied or not.question is that what actually is the benefit of getting added as friend to another's profile?what does it give. it does not mean that anyone is contacting you....even when i asked some folks to accepts me as friend none of them showed any further interest nor i found anything special to further our friendship. why still a peculiar feeling prevails over many minds to offer friendship? of course,i get such requests
@Buchi_bulla (8299)
I did not feel any problem by accepting friend's request. Till now I accepted all. You feel happy if you see a friend's discussion and if you like the subject, respond. After all they also will be answering your discussion. If you feel it is unmanageable, then take decision, whom to accept.
@Neriz69 (1037)
I don't mind accepting friend requests for whatever purpose they might have.
yes when some one request you a friend request i think you should always accept it and maybe you should leave a comment to one of their discussion....
@monkey86 (129)
well friends are always fun to have, they might not have to necessarily answer queries always, or respond to your discussions. But i for one would definitely would accept friend request and would appreciate that.
I'm a new user and I haven't received anything like that yet. But it sounds to me like we are all trying to make money by receiving and not giving. If that makes sense. Keep a list of everyone that's denying your responses and don't help them out.