Couples: Life-Long Companions or Marriage?

How long have you been with your companion? Do you think you'll ever bring marriage into the picture? My boyfriend and I have been together for two and a half years and I would love it if he popped the question.
@LadyK2 (71)
My husband and I were friends for 4 years before we began seriously dating, then 6 years and 5 kids later, we finally got married. We were happy not being married, but decided we wanted to take the next step and make things legal. This is our 7th year of marriage, and we're doing pretty good. My advice - take the time you need and don't rush. If it's right, you'll know and you'll take that next step when you both are ready. Because if one of you really isn't ready, and you get married anyway - chances are it won't last or it will be a very unhappy marriage.
@pallidyne (858)
I've been with my love for about 10 years now. And we're getting married in October. It wasn't for lack of trying on my part--- she really was scared of marriage. It took a lot of talking about it to get to that point. Do you talk about it with your boyfriend?