how expensive will you go when spending for your kids TOYS?

@roniroxas (10576)
i started a discussion about "HOW EXPENSIVE WILL YOU GO WHEN SPENDING FOR YOUR KIDS CLOTHES?" and almost everybody answered the same thing.... i rated them all because it was really hard to choose for a Best response. now how expensive will you go when spending for your kids TOYS? my kids are teens already and i will only buy them expensive toys if they are worth buying. i also buy toys that everybody can use.... erggg im a single mom and i have four kids so i have to be like this. so how about you how expensive will you go?
@casita (237)
What a tough question. I only have one son at home right now. He is 13. I recently purchased a ZUNE. That cost about $245. I think his basketball thingy outside cost just as much. The thing is, toys have changed over the years. When my older boys were younger (now 26 and 23) they had a lot of real toys. . .action figures, legos, models, etc. I remember it being a big to-do to get them to clean their room! Today, the toys seem more electronic and that naturally costs more. In fact, all of my sons toys are electronic unless they are the outdoor stuff (basketball, football, etc). And I think that qualifies more as sports than toys. . . The upside is that the only mess in his room is laundry. The downside is that it costs more. I don't know what my limit would be. . .he wants the x-box360. . .we'll probably get. But then, my husband and I both work and he is the only child at home right now. And so I do spend more on him than I did on his older brothers because I can right now. But, then, life has changed so much since then. Of course, it all depends on deserving the new item. Has he done his chores? Is he keeping his grades up at school?Does he want it only because his friends all have it? Is it similar to something we already have? If so, what will we do with the old one? Is there a "generic" brand that is just as good? The xbox360, I believe, is over $300. His birthday is in July. That will probably be the most expesiive thing I've ever gotten any of my kids.
@roniroxas (10576)
i agree on what you said... boys toys are really expensive and very delicate at the same time. i have a son who is 15 and i cant really afford the toys he likes for it is really expensive. your son is lucky. i bought my son PS2 but second hand... i have 3 more daughters thats why i cant afford my sons choice of toys. thanks for the response and happy birthday to your son.
@micaella (396)
I used to give everything especially toys for my kids even its expensive but it should be really worth for them to used and especialy if it will teached more knowledge for my kids... I have two kids one girl and one boy so their probably had different choices but if they ask something that really too expensive which i cant afford I can explain it to them and they listen to me and just say "thats ok mama Next time if you have money already can you buy that for me?" or they will say "Ok mama I have to save more money to buy those same kind of toys".... That kind of simple thing which I really love most from my kids.... God Bless!
@roniroxas (10576)
my kids are like that too... im a single mom so they really understand if i cant afford a certain toy they really want to have. now that they are teens they also understand if i cant afford the things they want to buy..... i always tell them that there are more important things to buy than this things or clothes... and they understand. we are lucky to have kids of this kind. thanks for the response