Reba show and teen pregnancy

@stacyv81 (5905)
Did anyone ever think that the show Reba kind of glamorized teen pregnancy? I mean they made it look so easy. We never really saw the baby that much and the couple, Vann and Cheyenne always seemed to have time on their hands, I wish it were that easy
@marcialoyd (1174)
I've never thought about it that way. However I know on several occassions the fact was mentioned that being a teen parent was not easy. Like when Van and Cheyenne's 2 classmates wanted to get married because they were. So I don't think this show is glamorizing teen pregnancy.
@stacyv81 (5905)
no, I dont think it is doing it on purpose but I mean it seems the two have so much free time. That is all I meant. They do touch on things that they TELL you it is hard, but you really dont see it.
Yeah, it really was pretty random. I often wonder why the hell I like that show so much, seeing as how much I personally hate the idea of teen pregnancy/parenthood/marriage. Ah, well. I guess it was just one of those uncharted avenues for a sit. com. that had to come up sooner or later. They did kinda have some hard issues, like with the school and Vann's parents and Kira always getting the short end of the stick thanks to them.
@stacyv81 (5905)
yes, I agree. I like the show, but it did seem to make it seem a lot easier than it really is.
@wooitsmolly (3613)
I know!!! I love that show, but they hardly ever showed the baby. I was like who is taking care of the baby?! They were always going out and still leading pretty much normal lives.. it was so unrealistic. They talked about how Reba was caring for the baby a lot, but actually they rarely showed them together. I realize it is just a show and I hope nobody would actually think life would be that way :P
Ahh maybe a bit but then again I know I have seen many shows where you hardly saw the baby. I love Lucy is the first that comes to mind. The now defunk Gulla Gulla Island was the same. The child labor laws only allow babies to be on camera for very short amounts of time which is why you don't see babies much on tv.