Cat won't use her litter box

One of my cats insists on using the spot behind the bed as her own personal litter box. I've cleaned the area several times with bleach, but she always returns. She uses the litter box occasionally, but not all the time. It's driving me nuts. How does she know where to go each time? I think the smell is gone. How can I get her to use her litter box? Please help!
@marinarovi (1318)
• Argentina
Have you tried closing your bedroom door for a week or something? she will have to change her "toilet" eventually... I don't know, I always assumed cats used their litter boxes without having to teach them... Good luck with it!!!!!
@Rosepetal (352)
Could it be the bleach is attracting her? I had a cat that would rub herself all over my bathroom floor right after I washed it down with bleach. She absolutely loved the smell of the bleach. She didn't go to the bathroom on the floor though. Maybe your cat is affected by the smell of bleach in a different way.
This is a common problem with multiply cats. One, its a territorial thing. Second, it must be very clean. If it is clean, then she needs another litter box in another area. Lock her up there for a day, and she should start to use it again.
@magikrose (5425)
Why dont you get your "naughty cat" there own litter box and place it in there "special spot" and see what happins. You never know at least if she goes in the litter box there you will only have to clean the box and not your floor.
@whywiki (6070)
I wish I could help you but I have one bad kitty that refuses to use the litter box. We have cleaned it and even gave her a fresh new one all to herself and no she won't use it. She has found her favorite spot and we have to lay down old sheets and she will prance over and do her business on the sheets and we have to wash them and have them ready for her next round. People that aren't cat lovers think we are crazy, but she hasn't always been like this it is a fairly recent thing so I hope whatever it was that turned her off litter boxes she will forget and return to the box. If she wasn't so damn cute...