How much or do you spend on Summer Camp/school?

@maehan (1445)
This is the 1st time we are in US spending our summer and it is the 1st time we face things like Summer School, Camp, activities etc. When I look at the cost, wow, it is pretty expensive. After discussion with my spouse, we decided not put them to any of this by the provider. Instead, with a couple of stay-at-home mom, we have come with a schedule/time-table for them. And, each individual mom will have a responsibility. Swimming and academic instructor, field trip organizer, park activities teacher, garderner and cooking teacher. I will be the one that responsible for academic and swimming. These have save up some $$$. Do you put your child in summer camp/school and what is the Cost?
@magikrose (5425)
I have 2 going to summe school this year and I dont have to spend a penny out of my own pocket. All I have to do is make shure they are out for the bus on time and be there to get them off the bus.
@maehan (1445)
That's cool and great. Thank you for the response.
@ibuemma (2954)
well my first daughter 6 yrs old..it's gonna be total $500 ( 3 weeks ) the rest of the summer we gonna take of to Florida. my second daughter cost us around $ 350 she is 4 yrs old ...she can only get like half day...
@maehan (1445)
That's pretty costly. But, if they gain extra knowledge or experience, it's worth paying.
@Debs_place (10551)
My son is well past the camp stage..but I remember the summers of camp...about $600 for hockey camp and maybe $450 for Lacrosse camp. That took car of 2 weeks. the other camps were less intense and costly. Maybe a few weeks of mixed camps of about 130 each that involved thing like swimming, golf, tennis and racquet ball. When he was small..I guess a regular summer camp ran about 80-100 a week,
@maehan (1445)
Thank you for the information, I am from a place that year round is summer.