in your house -are you the chef or the diswasher?? :-)

@djmarion (4901)
im more of a dishwasher in our house than a cook... well its my choice cause im not a very good cook, so instead of poisoning them with my cooking :-)i just prefer to be the maid...(i clean the house and do the dishes) how about you?
@muscare (3069)
My wife and I have a good balance in the fact we wash up together, and share the cooking. She says I'm a better cook, but I think she's just trying to suck me in to doing it more, lol!! When my 4yr old gets a bit older, he may become the dishwasher, lol!
@djmarion (4901)
its great to know that my friend, men should also know how to do the chores. :)
@muscare (3069)
Yes, I actually like to do the vaccuuming as well, as the carpet is quite thick, and as it is hard to push the vaccuum through it, I'd rather my wife not have to strain with it.
@djmarion (4901)
as i can see you are a loving husband. i admire you for that :) keep it up.
Well I guess in my house I am the customer..hehehe.. Because my brother and sisters are now the dishwasher, and my mom is the cook.. Since I live away from my home, so everytime I come home, I no longer a dishwasher or cook, my siblings take over that job..
@djmarion (4901)
thats great, its the same reason why sometimes i also want to go away :)lol...so that my family will miss me when i go back home and will trat me like a princess. :-)
@djmarion (4901)
thats great, its the same reason why sometimes i also want to go away:)lol...so that my family will miss me when i go back home and will treat me like a princess.:-)
I'm both the chef and the dishwasher. Of course I complain sometimes, but I feel that making dinner for loved one is great. By the way, I'm less busy than my hubby.
@vitekfdr (651)
That's interesting how you can combine those two kinds of work.
I'm the customer. I only eat. haha! Really, but I cook and wash dishes (rarely). I'd prefer to cook though, I even dream to be chef someday, though I don't even know how to cook well. :)
so either you are single or a very happy wife. How great it is!
i dare not say that i'm a good cook but whenever i'm home, i'm volunteered by everyone in the family to do the cooking. the whole family loves to eat, especially my nephews and nieces. eating is like an on-going thing for us. the kitchen is the most visited part of the house from morning til evening, even by neighbors and visitors. i do my fair share of dishwashing too even if i often cook. we have dozens of plates and dining sets but sometimes they still run out because of eating too often by too many people. -lol-
@djmarion (4901)
thanks for the response :)
@msvenzon (424)
I'd rather wash the dishes than cook. Since my brother and sisters really cooks well, I wouldn't dare cook because they'll surely complain. =) And yet, they really mess up the kitchen afterwards and I'm supposed to clean it because I didn't help cook. =( Now we have a helper in the house, so I just eat!
@djmarion (4901)
good for you my friend:)happy posting!
@nyumix (1661)
• Belgium
Well, I think I'm in the same position as you. My husband is a better cooker than me. So I'm the one who will do the dish wash.But if he is too busy with his work, of course I'm the one who will cook but also the dishwasher. Well, I don't really mind about that.it is not a big deal, isn't it?
@peromk (84)
• Macedonia
No, the washing machine has that part and it's the best chef in our house forwashing dishes:)))
@rouwel23 (1353)
I am a dishwasher at home. I can cook too but my parents do not like my cooking style so they prefer to cook food on their own. it is very easy to wash dishes at home. it is a simple chore. we do this before when we do not have a maid yet. nowadays we do have a maid now so I do not cook or wash the dishes anymore. and it is my wife who cleans the house for me. my wife cleans our room and do the our laundry.
I can do the dish washing but I enjoy cooking more than washing the dishes. I love to cook and to bake and good thing my family like to eat everything I cook and bake. I am not a good cook but I can cook well without burning the onions and garlic ^___^ Sometime I do both. After cooking I wash all the things I used for cooking
@michecu (637)
In the house, I'm the boss...Lol! Well, because I'm not around in the house all the time, when I wake up I find that breakfast is already prepared and also when i come home from work, dinner is waiting for me. I'm not seƱorita or lazy, its just that I have a career that I don't have much time attending to household chores. But then perhaps, I'm really lucky that my auntie is taking care of everything in the house for me. Nevertheless, when I'm visiting my boyfriend, he cooks and I wash the dishes -- that's our deal. Lol!
@lkbooi (16101)
In my house my sister in law is the chef. Each of the members of the family has to wash their own dishes respectively after every meal. Other than that we do help to wash the common dishes and tidy the kitchen and the dining table.
@cefaz_21 (2597)
There are times that I am both specially when hubby is so busy with his stuff, I cvook and I wash the dishes and I clean the house but never will I wash the clothes..LOL! Most of the time ,I am the chef..and though I am not even a good cook,my husband has to like it or else he'll eat dust..haha!
@SViswan (12071)
I'm both the dishwasher AND the cook in my house. I used to do everything at home! But after I had my second child, I have two people to help me...one to cook and one to clean...and I still don't have enough hours in the day to do all the things I have to.
@theprogamer (10539)
I do both. Many times effortlessly. Its actually pretty good to have it in efficient order.
I can't cook, so I wash the dishes.
@RedCore (325)
Basically i dont do any of the above... I just eat.. ha ha ha..
@vitekfdr (651)
Unfortunately i am a dishwasher in my house. I do all the dishwashing job.
@dfollin (12780)
I do both,now.When my husband was alive,we shared the duties and he loved to cook.Matter of fact he would start doing the pans before he ate.I used to get after him about his food getting cold,lol.Now my grown son and fiance live with me as well as my 10 year old and they won't clean up the kitchen behind themselves.They do not use many pans because my son's fiance can't cook.Lol.My daughter had to show her how to make a grilled cheese sandwich last year(when she was age 9).My son fixes something sometimes,because I can cook simple stuff.My oldest son who does not live here,can really cook.But if he lived here I would have to even clean his sleeping area.He can cook,but he's a slob.
@squaretile (3833)
My hubs and i share all the chores, cos it's less painful that way! And faster too! So we cook together and wash up together most of the time. it's fun!