I feel sick on my first and second day as a sophomore

ha ha! well, as I have said in my previous discussion, I wake up at 4 in the morning, get out in the house at 5 and luckily, arrive at school by 6am. I am too early for the first subject. I can do nothing since I have no option. If I will leave at 5:30, the road will be busy by six and I can get bumped to traffic so its better early than late. At school, I always feel hungry and sleepy. Even though I have my heavy breakfast prepared by my loving grandma, I still fell hunger. I am so sleepy that I can't focus to what the professor says. Some professors has also a big factor on my sickness ha ha! The professors are all new to our section. Last year, we have managed to mark our section as the passive students, the most lay students, the always late students, and all the bad stuffs the teachers can say. We don't know what to expect, we are just first year then and we are being seen that way. well, some of our classmates are really coming late almost everyday and some are noisy but they don't have patience on us. Now, we suffer the consequences. We are seen by teachers as bad. We can't even afford to buy a defense on ourselves. We can't explain ourselves. They are judged us before knowing us. It's very difficult to deal with that situation. I feel sick, I feel tired, I feel sleepy, I feel wasted? no hahahaha! well, my energy comes back when I g online and be on mylot ha ha! =)
I could just feel what you are going through. It was many years ago when i was in the same situation. But don't worry you'll get pass through it. And i'm sure with flying colors. You'll just starting with the fun and hardships of college life. Relax, enjoy and have fun while studying hard to fulfill your goals. Even if you are a scholar and need to maintain higher grades you can still enjoy college life to the fullest without compromising your grades :D
no im not a scholar he he! well, yes I think the best thing to do is have fun while learning. =)
@cdparazo (5769)
Owss..that is normal I think given the circumstances. But but! don't let it pull you down. As I keep on harping, it's a matter of choice and there is vindication in proving all those grrr...professors wrong. btw, I haven't check yet the charges in my credit card bill. he he he!
yes I won't let it bring me down. thanks! about that, I still don't receive the item yet? is the waiting process really long? hahaha! thanks!!!
@psyche49f (2512)
That's great! Mylot energizes you! It seems that your section must be the favorite topic in the faculty room. That's the price to pay for being (un) popular! LOL! But have fun...after all, they say learning should be really fun, so I guess you're just trying to live up to it. And besides, sacrifice, whether deserved or not is a virtue...your day is really stressful as you describe it...but when the school year is over, it would be a bitter-sweet success. So make every minute of your time in school a moment of discovering, of searching, of enjoying...I'm sure that school work will be peanuts, and for all you know, the school year is over. Well, you will have to be confronted with another school year, but that's another story.
yes actually we are noe popular because of that hahahaha!
@maryannemax (12173)
• Sweden
sorry to hear about your first two days in school. it is supposed to be exciting! but turned out to be not to you and others. as you've said, you and the whole class already have this bad reputation to your professors, right? you can't do much about it since they won't even listen to you. all you should do is to prove yourselves. do something right and study harder. in this case, you don't need to defend yourselves... the teachers themselves will be happy for the changes and will surely appreciate you. just log in to myLot whenever you have time to get some energy! hehe. good that myLot can keep your spirits high... anne
yes that's true. only mlot gives me that high energy ha h aha!
Do you take an over the counter vitamin? After a few days of taking a vitamin, I've seen people have a lot more energy. It just takes a few days to kick in. You probably already drink water, but when I'm tired, I find if I sip on a bottle of it all day, I'm more alert. I can't do anything to help you with those cranky professors, but I'll listen if you need to vent. : )
yes thanks! I do take vitamins in the morning. I eat breakfast now ha ha! mine is centrum. =)
@Darkwing (21588)
All I would say MSK, is that this is normal when you're a newbie. What you must never do is let them get the better of you... stand up for yourself, be strong and make your mark. They will then soon get fed up with getting on at you. It's a test of your personality I suppose, and I'm sure you can overcome it. Hold your head high, walk tall and know you are far better than they who scorn! Brightest Blessings my friend.
we are all old students in the class since we are in that school since last year only and we are block mates. I think all we have to do is prove ourselves to our new professors.
@jennybianca (12915)
You will be okay when you are in a routine. Although I do think these early starts are difficult. You will need to go to bed earlier at night... As for other late & disruptive students, just keep setting a good example yourself. The Professors will notice this eventually. The feeling of sickness is nevers I am sure. If it doesn't settle soon, tak a herabal sedative. Good Luck.
yes I hope so and I expect that it will be really okay once I get used to it. =) thanks!
Hmm... I can understand. It usually happens during the first week. There has been a gap of many days between the last class you attended and now so it takes some time to adjust. Also, a lot of things are new, like some classmates, teachers, subjects etc. So the mind rebels. I feel you should stick to it. Do you have a laptop? Carry your laptop with you to kill time. If not, play games in your cell phone. Carry a book with you. If you can get yourself used to reading books in these time slots, it'll be the best way to spend the time.
no we are a block section. unfortunately, I don't have a lapto but if ever that ultraportable laptop will soon be released here in the Philippines, I have to earn and buy one ha ha!!! yes I really need to love books.
@xbrendax (2668)
Boy, when I was going to school, I had a terrable time getting up and getting ready for school. Often I was late and got into trouble, so on many occasions, instead of going through all that embarrassing stuff and having all the students stare at me, I would just skip school by staying in the woods all day till school let out! I don't know how I did it but somehow I DID get my diploma!