How much did you pay for gasoline the last time you filled up the tank?

Pumping Gas - The cost of gas has increased. How much are you paying at the pump?
@omupas (1243)
I filled up the gas tank of my car this week and it was $3.06/gallon for regular unleaded. I can remember when it only cost me $12 to fill my car with gas and now it's over $30 for the same car! I can still remember when I used to pump the gas for my mom when I was younger and I can remember gas being as cheap as $0.89/gallon. How much did you pay the last time you filled up the car with gas, and what is the cheapest you can remember gas prices being?
@meljessxena (2317)
im only young so the last time i can remember the cheapest fuel was, it was about 80 c a litre. but now im paying $1 46.9 a litre for it, i filled my car up yesterday and it cost me nearly $70 for unleaded.
@omupas (1243)
Wow, $70!! What kind of car are you driving? Must be an SUV or some other gas guzzler like a truck.
no just holden commodore, thats usually the normal amount for all the cars i know of
@cynddvs (2950)
The last time I got gas was last week. It was 2.83 a gallon and we paid $60 to fill it up. Needless to say I haven't been out much since then. I try to drive as little as possible since gas prices are so high. I remember when I first started driving gas was .96 a gallon. I can still remember getting low on gas and being able to put $2-$3 in it just to get by. Now just putting in that much won't even get you a gallon!
@omupas (1243)
$60 to fill up, you must have a gas guzzler of an SUV huh? I remember the low fuel light! I was infamous for that in high school haha... Scrap up some change from under the seat in the car and put in a dollar in gas and I'd get home just fine.... Now that pocketchange won't even get a drip out of the pump! Thanks for your response.
@omupas (1243)
@gbolly54 (662)
• Nigeria
My country is a major oil producing country, but we have been made to pay relatively high for petroleum products on the pretext of cutting subsidies. The government just raised the price per litre of petro(PMS) to an equivalent of $0.6 in a country where over 70% of the people live on less than $1 per day! Thus, relative to our level of income, and considering the fact that we produce oil, we are charged too much per litre. My small tank of about 50 litres now takes over $30 to fill. It's crazy! When I bought my first car in 1982, a litre sold for an equivalent of below $0.2, using the exchange rate of that time.
@omupas (1243)
Wow those numbers are alarming. What percentage of the population actually owns automobiles? If 70% of the people live on less than $1/day I would think that most people don't have vehicles. Thanks for the response.
@gbolly54 (662)
• Nigeria
Don't be scared by my figures, friend. Income distribution is badly skewed in Nigeria. Less than 10% of the population controls over 90% of the wealth. Moreover, 30% of a population of over 140 million people is large enough to produce the class of millions of car owners. Mind you, some of the upper 10% own as many as 20 cars each, or even more. That is the injustice of capitalism and corruption for you. Thanks for your comment.
@tentwo67 (3384)
I paid $3.03/gallon for super unleaded this past Tuesday. There is a gas station near our house that offers a discount on super unleaded on Tuesdays, and since I've discovered this I've tried to fill up on Tuesday whenever I can. My car prefers super unleaded, so my husband likes me to fill up with that no matter how much it costs. He pays for it all, but still... OUCH! I liked it that I was able to get the premium unleaded for not much more than the cost of regular unleaded somewhere else.
@omupas (1243)
That's good that they have "specials" for the premium gasoline. I have a few friends who's cars take premium only, so I know that that costs even more than what most are paying for their gas. More gas stations should do that, where they have maybe 1 day a week where they offer special pricing.
@ebsharer (5517)
2.99 to fill up. I just bought a new car to help with the gas prices. I'm pretty young so the cheapest I remember it was about 98cents.
@omupas (1243)
Yeah, I drive a civic and it's also a stick, and I'm able to squeeze out over 400 miles on a full tank (12 Gallons). I'm glad I don't drive an SUV that I have to fill up with gas.
@Modestah (11192)
the last time I filled up was when I had errands to run in a neighboring town - it was $2.82 a gallon. locally our prices just dropped to $2.92 a gallon. When we moved here, 7 years ago, we stopped for gas in oklahoma city and paid 73 cents a gallon then. I can recall a couple stations having price wars in Camden NY back in the late 80s and we paid something like 67 cents a gallon. that was really crazy.
@omupas (1243)
If only gas prices were the way they where even just 10 years ago! lol... Thanks for the reponse.
i spent around Php1500 (US$21.75) last week. price of oil and petroleum products in the philippines is really very expensive now. i remember paying around Php800 for the same volume of gas about 5 years ago...
@omupas (1243)
It seems that the price of gas has doubled over the past few years in just about all areas of the world. Thanks for responding.
@wonderful1 (2076)
I pay only for electric now. I have pay $20 a month, although I earn only $ 150 a month when I have a job. Now I quit my job, so it is a large money for me to pay for it. How much money do you earn online? I earn only $10. It is too little. I pay more attention to increase my referrals, then I can get more money from mylot. Do you know how to increase referrals? I have only two inactive referrals. I receive nothing from them. What a pity.
@omupas (1243)
Thanks for responding. I participate in a handful of free to join sites that pay me money monthly. I make anywhere from $200-$400/month with these programs and I promote them all at one time to increase my referrals at each site. Here is a list of the programs I use www.marketingpond.com/p.cgi/6217/ Hopefully it's helpful for you as it has for me. I typically get 30-40 referrals/week for my programs through the MP site.
I filled up today and the price was $2.86/gallon. I know the price of gas is getting outrageous and I am sure that it is only going to get worse. I can remember when it was a little over a dollar a gallon. Everything is going up it seems.
@omupas (1243)
Thanks for the response. $2.86/gallon seems cheap compared to here! Even though, that still is an expensive price.
@FSCAries (881)
I paid $3.02, and it's crazy! I can't believe how our government is letting this happen. It's almost like a monopoly situation and it's not fair. Everyone needs gas so they know they can charge us out the @ss for it! And it makes it so much more comforting when we find out that oil companies have been making record profits as of late, capitalism at its finest!
@omupas (1243)
It's like you said, it's sort of a monopoly of sorts. We really don't have any say in how the pricing for gasoline is set, but yet, 99.9% of the population needs to purchase it to make a living, to drive to work, to do daily errands, etc. Something needs to change. Thanks for the response.
@compumom (738)
I paid $3.16 a gallon. I don't fill up anymore. I only drive locally so I put in $20. My heart cannot stand to fill up anymore.
@omupas (1243)
I think it's a psychological thing. I think more people nowadays don't fill all the way up, instead they just put a fixed amount like $20 in every time, and don't pay attention to how much gas it is, just that they spent $20. Funny thing is, you still end up paying the same amount cuz you still need to fill up more often. But since you just drive locally hopefully your partial fillups last you a few days. Thanks for the response.
@321633wy (1795)
Compare with previous gas price it was terribly high now it cost $2.89 per gallon for regular unleaded which cost only $1.25 the cheapest i could remember . I hardly fill to full tank because i only drive to work and it's very close from my house to work approximately 3 miles from home.
@omupas (1243)
It's nice that you have a short commute. I'm glad that I am able to work out of a home based office. I remember having to commute for an hour each way to work, I'm glad those days are over. Thanks for responding.
@carlaabt (3505)
We put gas in today. It's $2.99 a gallon here. We spent around $45 to fill it up. I was glad to see that the price was back under $3, though. Last time we put gas in my car before, it was $3.26. My son and I are leaving next week to go to Missouri for my sister's wedding. It's about 1100 miles one way. I hope gas prices don't jump back up before then, or while we are gone! When I started driving, almost 9 years ago, gas was less than $1 per gallon. It's crazy how much it has gone up in less than 10 years. The amount of money most people make sure hasn't tripled!
@omupas (1243)
Isn't it strange now how we kind of get excited to see gas at $2.99 (under the $3 mark). It doesn't seem too long ago that we were complaining about gas being $2.39/gallon and then previous to that $1.89/gallon. I feel like you go out to drive and every day the gas station just has the price higher. It's crazy. Thanks for your response. Have a good trip to Missouri, hope the wedding is wonderful.
@lingli_78 (12844)
well, i pay about $1.35 in average for a litre of gas which is very very expensive here... now i can spend up to $65 to fill up my tank which is ridiculous... i remember in the past the gas price used to be only about $0.70 a litre... and i only spend about $40 to fill a tank... everything had increased so much since then...
@omupas (1243)
It is ridiculous the rate in which gas prices have increased. Now if my income doubled along with gas prices we'd be in business! lol... Thanks for responding.
@crazynurse (7489)
I filled the gas tank in my vehicle this morning. I just left the hospital. They were able to get the bleeding stopped on both my arm and leg. It was difficult and took a while, but eventually the bleeding subsided. Both stumps are wrapped tightly in an ace wrap which I have to leave on for 2 days. I suppose I won't fill up the tank again, as I really need the remaining arm and leg. * grin* Ha! Seriously, gas is 2.99 per gallon here currently and I only put in 20 dollars worth.
@omupas (1243)
Lol... thanks for the response... I've seen some gas station signs where the prices are replaced with the words arm and leg.
@tmlnmr (1850)
Hey omupas, the last time I filled the car it was $55.00 Our gas prices were $1.19 per litre, if you want the gallon price multiply by 3.97. It is very expensive here it has since dropped to $1.16/litre though. needless to say I don't go too far unless I have to with my car. LOL
@omupas (1243)
I didn't realize the gas prices went up so much in Canada as well. Even when you take into consideration exchange rate to US dollar you're still looking at around $3.50-$3.60/gallon. I know here on the expensive end gas is around $3.30-$3.39/gallon. So it's about $0.20-$0.30 more expensive in Canada. Thanks for the response.
@ma_belle (1357)
I payed $3.07 when I filled up earlier this week. I only put in $20 in though because I haven't been driving much recently. I also get really good gas milage, about 30mpg highway. When I was in High School, I remember gas being around 90cents a gallon.
@omupas (1243)
I didn't realize you lived so close, which would explain the very similar amount we paid for our gas recently. My car also gets very good mileage, I can squeeze out over 400 miles on a full tank of gas (12 gallon tank). But I also don't drive to much anymore, every since I started working out of my home office I rarely need to drive anywhere. It's nice to be able to work from home.
@unishwetabh (1032)
I live in India. So here the prices are quite cheaper than that place as there is a difference of currency. But no if we convert it into dollars then it will be the same. Ok the last time i paid about &10 for the tank to be filled up. The highest has been $20. Yup!! It was this much.
@omupas (1243)
Thanks for responding. Looks like regardless of where we are in the world gas prices are on the rise.
@abrarr (1246)
• Pakistan
well if u ask me then i think 200 rs when i i had to go for a long drive few days back and i had no other pastime. so i left house to teh pertol pump and got cng filled for 200 rs.
35/gallon in canada its very high price....