Artificial Insemination

If you hit, oh say 30 and were not in a stable relationship but wanted natural born children badly, would you consider picking out a sperm donor and going through artificial insemination?
@LadyDulce (830)
I would definitely use a sperm donor, as long as I could afford the procedures and the child. Especially once your clock starts ticking double time, you really don't have a lot of time to find "Mr. Right", and your chances of conceiving a healthy child diminish rather drastically after 35. Not to say it can't be done, but I wouldn't take my chances. A single parent can offer a child things many two parent households can't. A family's a family, no matter what it looks like or what you call it. Blessed Be
O my Wiccan sister.... I agree but I doubt that surprises you.
@Modestah (11192)
no, I can't say as I would. I really do think it is important to have the natural means to the ends, and a husband...rather than a random stranger's contribution.
What about those who have a limited fertile period, like those with a history of ovarian cysts? Are they to wait and hope they find a husband while they can reproduce or go ahead and conceive on their own?
for me, i will not. because you never know what kind of person the sperm donor is. there will be some of his traits that your baby will inherit, and you will never know what will it be.
Now you're getting into the controversy over whether or not character traits are genetically inherited. I believe character is learned, not inherited. You can get your blue eyes from your father, but not your temper. The only reason a child might have the "same" temper as his father is he sees it everyday and it becomes normal.
@disvachic (10123)
Thats a hard question for me.I will be 32 next with three children already.If I didnt have children now and wanted some badly i dont think i would.I guess i would wait for the Lord to bless me with mr.right to help me raise my child.I think i would look at my financial situation or something to decide.I may would think maybe its not my time yet.
@GuateMom (1411)
I had always planned to do this or adopt, since I never wanted to get married. Well, I ended up finding a guy I could see myself spending the rest of my life with and we now have two kids! I see nothing wrong with going with artificial insemination if you want to have your own children and there is no man in sight. Single parents do a great job and there´s no reason they shouldn´t have children on their own.
Hi ChampagneGiggles! I do not see any problem in that. I would i one step ahead and even adopt another child. If i cannot bear a child i still can give another child a future.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Me, personally, I would not, but I can't afford a child on my salary alone. But I have known women who have done this. They just didn't want to wait for "Mr. Right" and could afford to have a child. I don't see anything wrong with someone doing that.