What's the rudest thing that you CAN tolerate?

the world is full of rude people.. - rudeness is a measure of disrespect one can show towards another.
@shemah (841)
Malaysia
I'm not a saint. I can be mean when I want to. But it's difficult to be rude on purpose and not feel totally guilty about it.. I can't just go up to a queue and cut someone's line just because someone else did that to me, or had a bad day. But there ARE people out there who choose to be really rude. I'm not kidding.. A few days ago, I went to a shopping mall with my mom and son. I was pushing my son's stroller ahead of my mom. When the stroller was halfway through the door, that woman who i thought would hold the door for me just let it go and the heavy door just banged the side of the stroller and gave my son a fright. And yes, she DID see me. She didn't apologise, she just sorta shrugged and walked away.. while my mom hurried to help me with the door. (curse the mall management for not installing those automatic sensor sliding entrance door thingies!) I wasn't able to say anything to that woman. I was seething but I let it slide. My sister says I'm a pushover. I think so too. So most of the time, I tolerate these RUDE PEOPLE'S behaviour. How about you guys?? What is the rudest thing anyone can do to you that you just tolerate?? Or you won't tolerate rudeness at all... Hope you all care to share..;)
@nicolec (2673)
I don't tolerate a lot. If that was me, I probably would have shouted a sarcastic 'thanks' after her. I won't even tolerate the accidental bumping that gets no look or appology. I mean, i realize it's an accident that you bumped into me, but would it hurt to give a 'sorry' or 'excuse me'? Are people too busy in this world that they have forgotten manners?
@shemah (841)
I think they are... most people don't bother to say a simple thank you nowadays. Even from shopkeepers, sometimes. I don't know what's up with today's society. i just try my best to make my parents proud by practicing what they have instilled in me all those years... thanks for taking the time to post this response, nicolec!
I just got bumped just now too! And that's something I can't tolerate.. I'll definitely just shout "HEY!" and give her my deathly glare! LOL... And for some reason, I can't tolerate it more if it was a girl that bumped into me!
@shemah (841)
mean queen: hahaha.. you got bumped?? i hate getting bumped and having my foot stomped on! and yes, especially if it's another girl. Especially ones with big sunglasses on sitting on top of her ceramic-permed-long curly hair.. wearing those shirt dresses and leggings! leggingS!! so passe!!
@ahgong (10066)
hmm... usually I will let it slide when people does rude things. No point seething over it and spoil my day over them. It is a one off situation, anyways. But when it comes to queue cutting, I do put a stop to it once in a while. I remember once when I was queuing up for something really good, and there was a guy in front of me who allowed his girlfriend to cut his queue. Fine, I thought, no big deal. Guess what? the girl that called her whole bunch of friends who cut in front of her. That was it! I told them off. They shouted back sarcastic remarks at me. That got the people behind me riled as well and everyone started to make a scene there. The security guard came and chased the whole group to the back of the queue, including the guy who was originally standing in front of me. He he... poetic justice!
OMG!! You didn't~!! But I'm so glad you did that~! I can't tolerate people cutting in line! I did a discussion about cutting lines some time ago, and I do think it's something that's totally rude. Good on you for calling out on those girls. Maybe next time they'll think twice about doing it again. Hehe.. Sweet!!
@shemah (841)
good for you ah gong!! you really showed them.. hopefully they really learn their lesson. mean queen: we need an "ah gong" in our queues! :) Thanks guys for responding!
@ahgong (10066)
Well, if you had seen the situation, you would have been pissed off as well. One person, okay, no big deal. It is just one more. Cos I occasionally queue for both me and my wife as well. The last straw comes when you also ask a whole bunch of your friends as well. It defeats the purpose of queuing if they are allowed to get away with it. It is like one person in the queue, but ten people are actually trying to get the same thing from the queue. Wouldn't you be mad?
I am not rude to people and I don't tolerate rudeness. I hate impolite people, and very often I find them really annoying! I tend to react to people with my negative sides when they are being rude to me, my family and friends. I would just tell them to back off in their faces. I was really shy when I was younger and I wouldn't say a word. But as I grow older, I think to myself why I have to tolerate these people when they're being so inconsiderate, just because we are nicer, it's not fair. That's why I would really react to them. And most often, I find them just testing people's bottom lines, when you react, then they would feel shameful. I just don't understand why they can't just be nice in the first place to make the place a better world! *sighs in deep thoughts*
@shemah (841)
The one thing I dislike about rudeness, is when you confront them, they act stupid about it. Like "Whaaatt?? Did you say something? Why? What's wrong?" I had someone queueing behind me at a food eatery and when it was MY turn, she shouted her order from behind me! What was that all about?? Urgh! Actually when you look at all the responses given, I think the conclusion of the discussion is, most people DO NOT tolerate rudeness.
The thing is we do live in civilized countries and we should act civilized! I just can't understand these people and I mean it's good that people don't tolerate rudeness, otherwise I can't imagine what the world would be like *laughs*.
@shemah (841)
hahaha.. you're absolutely right!
@mean_queen (1713)
Hmm.. that's a hard one because I can hardly tolerate anything. LOL~! Maybeee, it would be people picking their noses in public! Not kids, but adults! LOL.. Or I think it would have to be drivers tailgaiting me while I'm driving. I think it really is rude, and also very dangerous~! I think I can still tolerate that. I'll come back with more if I can think of any. :)
@shemah (841)
Hahaha. "Screwdriver-ing" is just plain gross. I agree. How about when someone bangs you with their trolley in the supermarket?? hahaha.. i think it's rude because they don't watch where they're going. but it's tolerable because sometimes, they're too busy looking for stuff and they can't help it.
I think I can tolerate people banging me with their trolleys. I don't really have much of a problem with that I guess. Owhh, you know what I think is really rude, in which I tolerate all the time? Guys doing those crazy annoying catcalls!! Urghhh.. that just pisses me off but I just ignore it all the time.. Like.. "pssst..pssst..." I hate that!!
@shemah (841)
haha! catcalls are the worst.. but like it or not, just have to tolerate them. Can't just go ballistic over them even if we wanted to, right? urghh..
@wolfie34 (26793)
I hate it when people don't say please or thank you, it's like it's disappeared out of the English dictionary, you do something nice for someone for example and they can't even be bothered to thank you or acknowledge that you've done something for them, it's downright ignorance and people don't apologize or take responsibility any more, it is very sad.
@shemah (841)
That's really true. Nowadays, when i go out to buy something, even the salespeople don't say thank you! What happened to customer service? Don't they believe in that anymore? But I just ignore it sometimes when I give people a hand and they don't say thank you.. because if they aren't used to saying that, then it can't be helped. It REALLY is sad. That's why I really emphasize saying thank you, please, sorry, etc to my son.
@webeishere (36353)
Being a new friend of mine you'll get to know me. If that had happened to me you better believe I would have ran to that lady saying something. I can't repeat it here though. HAHAHA!! I am one that doesn't take things like this without speaking my mind. I tell people exactly hiow rude they have been in public. One example, A lady pushed her way into line in front of a woman with a child at the grocery store at a self pay register rudely. The other woman didn't say a word. Now my wife got all embarresed at this, but I stepped in front of the rude woman saying, "Excuse me ma'am, it's my turn now get out of here." She looked strangely at me then said, "Excuse me?" I told her " A little late for you to be polite lady." I then had the other woman get in front to pay for her things. This rude woman was just baffled at my actions and I could have cared less. HAHAHAHA!!! I wnet into another line waiting my turn patiently after this. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@shemah (841)
wow.. well, there was a "grandpa and grandma" waiting for a cab nearby that was pretty appalled at what they witnessed. But sometimes, i'm sooo in shock that by the time my head is filled with snappy comebacks, the person is long gone. Haha. A minute too slow, i guess. Anyways, cutting a queue is one of those that i can't tolerate too. Especially when you confront them about it, they act like they have no idea what's going on. That happens alot.. Thanks for sharing and caring grandpa bob! Hope to have more discussions with you too!