My Brothers Story

@webeishere (36377)
A Superior man is accused of setting a bed on fire while his girlfriend slept in it. James Leo Olson, 50, faces charges of arson of property other than a building and disorderly conduct. He appeared in Douglas County Court for an initial appearance Tuesday. Here's the rest of the story. Too weird. I talked to ToTo my niece and told her let him know he's not welcomed in my house again. Anyhow here you go. http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/articles/index.cfm?id=44077§ion=News HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@lisado (1230)
OMG!! I'm surprised that they didn't also try to get him for attempted murder. I can't blame you for not wanting him in your house again. I wouldn't, either. If he gets ticked off at you you could find your house on fire. :( Is he normally a drinker or was this drunk stunt something out of character? I feel badly for your niece. I can't imagine how I'd feel if my father did something like that.
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
gosh. i thought you were just kidding grandpa bob. and i thought you were just trying to get people's attention here (even if i know you don't need any attention anymore. you are famous here already!). is he really your brother? how could he have done that? he's so weird and scary! now i understand why you won't want him in your house anymore. gosh, i am still stunned about this news. ... anne
@webeishere (36377)
Why would I joke about this? YES HE IS MY BROTHER. He has done stuff like this a lot. It's all because he is blind. That's always his excuse. All the time. He drinks because what else can a blind mAN DO HE SAYS. oN AND ON. aND THE FAMILY IS SICK OF IT. aND NOW i AM HOPING THE COURTS ARE SICK OF IT. dang caps Hahaha HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@cdparazo (5769)
I am so sorry to hear about your brother Grandpa Bob! I hope he is now sorry for what he did because in the news it looked as if it was all nothing to him. I wish you and your family well.
@webeishere (36377)
It was nothing to him. That's how he is. He has no remorse what so ever either. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
• Pakistan
I am really sorry that you and your familiy had to go through this situation.I would definetly not let him in the house brother or not.
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
Wow, I would not let my brother in my place either if he did this. I would not trust him if he got mad about something. I need to check to make sure the battery is still good in my smoke detector. Now where is he going to live?
Now isn't that fun, your brother made the papers, I am sure you are so proud of him (not), sorry to hear this Grandpa Bob, I was stunned to read it but thankful at the end of the story about the conditions of his release, so does that means if he violates the conditions he will be sent to jail, might be a blessing in disguise to all concerned, especially to the girlfriend.
@webeishere (36377)
Well at least it was front page news my niece tells me. They didn't add his mug shot though dang it. His bail would more then likely be revoked then he'd be sent to jail I believe is how that works. My niece is going to keep an eye on him for this also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Don't mean to sound mean, but hopefully the police will be called to his drinking sprea and it will be recorded in the records that he violated his conditions of release, it would be much easier for everyone concerned than having to have a family member tell the Judge. I believe his time in jail is the only way to get him sober enough to realize his destruction on his family and loved ones. Sad, but true.
I can not see how you could throw your brother away. For one he is blind and two he is your brother. I am not sure what all has been going on. I do know if this man is locked up and can't see. Shame on people who did not get him some help. You say he did this on purpose to this woman. If she was fully aware of him being unstable she could have left the house. This man is a prime example of people just looking and doing nothing. I also know a lot of people who were mentally damaged after prison. People need to really know what is going on before throwing people in jail. This man has to have some serious issues to do something like this. Prison will not help him. How come you can't fight to get him the mental help he is screaming out he needs?
I can relate to the drinking part. I stopped because my daughter needed her mother. I am so happy to see your not drinking any longer. Your brother should have been locked up doing all this. I am glad your a honest person. I will have to look into your last posts. Thanks for the help in understanding. I feel this woman should see now it's time to change her ways. Good bye to rubbish. :)
@webeishere (36377)
no problem at all. Hee he.
@4cuteboys (4103)
OMG that is bad! I can't even believe it. So this is your brother? Yikes, I wouldn't welcome him in my home either. What he did was just wrong!! How did the niece take it when you told her that?
@webeishere (36377)
She's the one that told me. Yes he is my brother. Sheesh! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@4cuteboys (4103)
WOW scary!! Things like that always freak me out, and being set on fire is one of my biggest fears. Poor girl!
@webeishere (36377)
I never liked the woman as she also is a dunk and addict but she doesn't deserve this type of treatment. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Wow.. bails pretty breaking :) Cheers for sharing the link buddy, ~Joey P.s Was the mattress inside your house?
@webeishere (36377)
No. Sheesh read thre story at all did you? Anyhow it was in his apartment.
Well since I mentioned the bail being pretty high "500 usd's" and with that being right at the bottom yes I did. Mind you I was sleepy at the time, but that's my mistake. I could of sworn I seen it say it was at yours on here .... Either I'm not bothered.
@byfaithonly (10716)
Bob I'm so sorry to hear this - I'm an only child myself but have 4 half sisters, 4 half brothers, 4 step brothers, 1 step sister, and 2 'adopted' sisters - I am the oldest and there is not one that I wouldn't welcome in my house and can't imagine how this must hurt you. But under the circumstances I can understand your reasoning - prayerfully your brother will learn something and turn his life around.
@webeishere (36377)
yeah it's not an easy task to turn away a brother from my house. But after this I fear for my and my families safety around him. That's sad when it comes down to it. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Woodpigeon (3710)
Oh Grandpa Bob. Our families never cease to provide us with endless excitement, do they? I am just glad everybody got out before anyone was hurt. I have a feeling I would have had the same opinion about having him as a houseguest, as well.
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
yup. it's kinda creepy, huh? i mean, a brother being able to do that. especially for the kids' sake, we will feel of not allowing him to enter our houses. we won't know what will happen. but i still hope that he gets back to his senses one day and realize the big mistake he has done.. anne
OK to wierd and I agree with you, your brother should not be around you. I think it probably hurts you and I am sorry for that. I will let you cry on my shoulder. Now is your brother really blind? Does he see anything at all or is her just legally blind? It sounds like your brother needs lots of help only professionals can help him. I feel for Toto, I hope she can handle all of this. Good luck to both of you.
@KrisNY (7609)
Thanks for the link- You know the saying- You can pick your friends but not your family- I think it fits well here- I hope that your brother gets the help that he needs and becomes a better person- If he does- maybe then the 2 of your can reconcile- Good luck to him and his ex-girlfriend.
@webeishere (36377)
I thought the saying was..... "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose." HAHAHAHA!!! No we won't reconicle ever now I feel. I prefer not to. he has been a thief towards all the family now this? I don't think so. But maybe he will get help and maybe a miracle will occur and he'll stop drinking/using. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@mfpsassy (2827)
And I thought my ex was bad with excuses. I really do hope he gets the help he needs. And I definately don't blame you for not wanting him in your house.
@webeishere (36377)
Thank you very much. I gave him up a year after sobering up as far as talking etc. But not as a brother. After this I don't feel I have him as a brother anymore. He is now just someone who has the same last name and same father. HAHAHAHA!!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
• Marion, Kansas
Seems like a constantly changing story, doesn't it. Do you think he will comply with the restrictions placed on him? The link is really interesting. I hope at some point something happens to help him mend his wayward ways.
@susieq223 (3742)
Interesting article. I hope he gets some help for himself! Thanks for the update.
@MJLami (1173)
Grandpa Bob sorry you've had to face this. Brothers can be a handful, at any age. I speak wisely - we can love them but sometimes we need to stay away. (I have 4). Hopefully it's still not too late for him to change his ways?
@someonesmom (5768)
This is very sad for your whole family, Grandpa Bob. I can certainly understand why you can't have him in your house again (unless there's a drastic change one day). His girlfriend could've been killed, and surely she realizes this now. I can't have my eldest stepson in our house anymore either, and you know 'some' of the story. Not that our family knows 'for sure' where he even is, these days. I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with this, on top of all of your other concerns. Take Care.
@webeishere (36377)
Oh he knew she could have been killed or seriously hurt. That's his mind set actually. A sicko is all he is. Yes I know some of the story and that's sad also that families have to BAN someone from their homes. But when it comes down to it, it's in the best interest for all people he stays out of my house from now on. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I do hope his girlfriend can get some help too, Grandpa Bob, as I know that she's got an addiction problem also, and so the two of them are a 'deadly combination.' It's very hard not to 'think' of these messed up family members, especially after there's been another incident. I'm glad for you, that you've got such wonderful family members, other than your brother, to keep you going.
@Katlady2 (9925)
That is too scary. I sincerely hope your brother's girlfriend wants nothing more to do with him. If she does, she's nuts! I'm sorry....I know that's your brother, and I don't know him from Adam, and I hope you don't feel that I am being disrespectful to you, hon. But from reading the article, he sounds just like the guy I lived with several years ago that did the same kind of things, and I definitely don't ever want to see him again. I'm just glad the girlfriend got out ok, and wasn't hurt. I don't blame you for not welcoming him into your home anymore. I'm sorry you have to go through this hon.
@webeishere (36377)
You're not being disrespectful at all. They are BOTH nuts. Whacko. Crazy. Loony. And many others along that line. HAHAHA. Thanks. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Wow...Bob...what a hellish story. i wouldn't want him in my house, either. What possessed him to do such a thing? i mean, i am sure you still love your brother becuase he is family, but i bet you are having a hard time liking him right now.
@webeishere (36377)
Yes it is. And this is just one more chapter in the whole book. I am sure this isn't the last chapter. I haven't "liked" him since the time I sobered up. Being drunk and high all the time back then I didn't care. Well I did but I didn't. If you know what I mean. Yes there's a deep love but...... HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~