Any recommendations for scar fading?

Last year, I had to have two moles/birthmarks removed, over a concern that they could be the bad sort of moles. One was on my neck, and the scar from it has faded pretty well. The other one was on my chest, and I had some trouble healing the incision. So the scar from it is larger, and is still very apparent. I've heard of lotions or creams that you can use to help fade a scar, but I don't know anyone who has used these. Has anyone here tried to fade a scar with one of these lotions or creams? Any recommendations for the ones to look for, or the ones to avoid? General advice on fading scars is also appreciated, as long as it doesn't involve exposing it to lots of sun. This is not in a location that I can expose to the sun without sacrificing my modesty...
i can't think of any faders,but i do know a cover up- dermablend. a friend of mine who has 3rd degree burn scars covered it right up with this.if it'll cover that,i imagine it'll work for anything.
I know of Dermablend, as I often hear it as a recommendation for covering tattoos in theatre. I may have to find some, just in case I find a dress with a very plunging neckline that I can't live without. :)
tea tree oil supposedly works in some cases where it's not too deep of a scar,though i've never tried it in practice-the ones i have are surface. might be worth a shot though,i don't think it's really expensive.