For the smokers out there

@jess368 (3368)
I have recently come to a very smart conclusion if i do say so myself about cigarette prices. You know that if alcohol prices went up, Budweiser and coors, and miller, etc... Would have an outrage as well as the consumers. Well cigarette smokers did not go into an outward rage, but an inward, and just complain to there close proximity friends and such. So no matter how mad we all are nothing will change because we did not take the appropriate steps to stop the price increase. Nor did the corporate companies. and now to my conclusion. Do you know why the companies did not take part in stopping the price increase? One is because most smokers will not stop smoking due to money issues. Two (the big one) Even if we did quit smoking they would still make money because we would start buying there "quit smoking" patches, and gum, and so on that the tobacco companies manufacture. Either way they are not losing any money!
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
You have this right. Sometimes it is harder to quit smoking becauses of the stuff they have out there to quit is more expensive.
@jess368 (3368)
I know, can you believe it?
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I now that it's true. I have smoked since I was 16 I am 34 now. I know how addictive they are but i would like to quit since I just had a grandmother that passed away from lung cancer.
@jess368 (3368)
well all it takes is a little will power, and support from those around you. For whenever you decide to quit, i wish you luck.
Hi I am in Canada and I pay $12 for a pack of smokes. Time to quit for me. The govt. thinks by raising smoke prices people will be more healthy. They did not think about how much longer we will all live and the cost of that to old age pension payouts. So in the end they end up loosing money.
@jess368 (3368)
LOL! that is very funny. I think i would quit to if smokes were $12/pack
Just think of the money I could save if I quit. Makes me sick to add it up.