Barker Wins Daytime Emmy!

@kareng (7980)
Bob Barker won best daytime game show host on the Daytime Emmy Awards last night. This was his 19th Daytime Emmy Award and a great way to end his career as host of The Price Is Right. I had to laugh at his comment below, "This proves that the judges had sympathy for an old man who doesn't have a job," quipped Barker, who retired last week after 35 years on "The Price Is Right." I'm going to miss him on The Price Is Right and his humor! I wonder who is replacement will be? I wish that CBS would get on with the announcement!
@speedy1279 (2667)
Yes I saw the Emmy's. Its funny because as soon as they announced the nominees for this caterogory. I knew right away that Bob Barker would win it. I guess I just had a gut feeling since he was retiring. What a way to go out!!!!
@kareng (7980)
It was a well deserved win! I hope he enjoys life and his retirement!
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I am so glad that Bob Barker won the daytime emmy awards. This man has been around so long and he is a great host. He truely deserved this award. I hope Rosie is not named to take his place. That will mean I will never watch the show again. I never really expected Bob Barker to actually retire. He seemed to love what he was doing and the crowd loved him. He seems to be in good health so I can't help but wonder why he retired. Well I hope he has a great life in retirement.
@kareng (7980)
He was very deserving of this award and I'm thrilled that he won it! He did say that he would consider coming back if they couldn't find a replacement. It just may be a ploy and a little vacation for him.
@sunshinecup (7881)
Oh what a way to go out. Congrats for him! I too am wondering who will replace him. Whom ever it is, they will have an extra large shoe to fill, that is for sure.
@kareng (7980)
You bet cha! I wonder when the new show will start up? Maybe in the fall? Man we could watch re-runs of Bob forever..hehe. That would be cool if they started rebroadcasting them from the beginning. It would be a hoot to see how prices have changed!