Okay who knows anything about eminent domain?

My mom and I had this disagreement, she said the law was never passed and I was just about positive that it was. Does anyone here know if this law was passed, repealed or failed to pass. Thanks a bunch
@sedel1027 (17854)
What state are you in? There is no federal law for this, but many states have a law about eminent domain.
Florida
@sedel1027 (17854)
Florida does have an eminent domain law but in 2006 it was voted on to be restricted. There are some details in this article: http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/08/real_estate/kelos_revenge/ To tell you the truth, I didn't even know we have eminent domain in the US. I know the law exists in England and it is a huge problem there.
It is a problem here too, and my mom and I were discussing it and she said it never passed, but it did pass and with the restrictions as you showed me. I will have to email that link to her so she can see that it is infact still on the books. Thanks for your help