Looking for a good recipe!

Fried Summer Squash and Zucchini - Someone frying squash & zucchini
@totty1969 (1473)
I'm looking for a good recipe for squash and zucchini. I like to eat both, I'm just running out of ideas. I think I grew too many in my garden and I need more recipes.
@polachicago (19075)
I like zucchini grilled with lemon and salt....I am vegetarian and I love all vegetables grilled...you can do the same with squash, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes and cucumber.... Happy grilling!
@totty1969 (1473)
good, that might have been my next discussion. I made the mistake of planting too much cucumber, and bell peppers as well. And I love to grill. Thankyou!
@crazynurse (7489)
My children and hubby love it when I make zucchini 'pizza' sticks! I cut the zucchini in half and then make sticks (like frenchfries). I place the sticks into a baggie that has about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. In a bowl I put breadcrumbs, parmesean cheese, oregeno, basil, and garlic. (all to taste) I mix those up. I shake the baggie with teh zucchini and olive oil (to coat the pieces) then add the dry mixture and shake again. I place the sticks onto a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes at 350. They are sooooo good!
@totty1969 (1473)
That sounds good, my mom used to bread zucchini sticks. a long time ago, I never got the recipe. I'll try this, It sounds delicious. Thanx!
You can sautee them in butter, sliced, and add eggs. It's very yummy. You can also add them to pasta with butter, salt and pepper. Or, you can stuff them. Just clean out the guts, and leave an empty shell. Take the guts and mix some seasonings, breadcrubs to it. Restuff the shell and bake. Easy, have fun. If you like cheese, you can add grated parmasian to the mixture, or regular cheese sliced into it.
@totty1969 (1473)
Hey now that sounds good. I like stuffed veggies. I like cheese too. I can try it tonight. Thankyou! Peace, Totty
Hope you enjoy it, let me know. Also, you can stuff it with other veggies and onions too.
@irishmist (3820)
Our family loves zucchini and squash. I have a bunch of both plants growing in my garden. Here is a family favorite for zucchini. You can make a big batch and freeze some. Zucchini in tomato sauce. The recipe has no specific measurements. You can make as much or as little that you want. You can make this in just one big pot. Zucchini onions green bell peppers canned mushrooms garlic oregano hot sausage links ( or sweet if you like ) tomato sauce ( big jar) any flavor you like. Slice onions and peppers into strips and cook with the sausage. Add water to the pot, so everything won't stick. Meantime slice the zuchini up. Remove sausage when it is done. Add zuchini to the pot. Make sure there is enough water. Slice the sausage up. Add the sausage back to the pot, and add the mushrooms, garlic, oregano and tomato sauce. Simmer about 45 mins. to an hour. You can have this with just Italian bread, or make a pasta of your choice on the side. Also how about making zucchini bread. I always look forward to that in the summer.
@totty1969 (1473)
This looks good, I like the fact that I can make extra and freeze the rest. I'll be using my own canned tomatoes, onions and bell peppers too. Thankyou!
@dragon54u (31615)
I found a good one for butternut squash but I think it could work with any. Bake in the oven until you can scoop out the flesh, put it in your crockpot with a little chicken broth or water. When it's all cooked, add a pear--it can be canned or fresh. Cook. Put it through a blender till smooth, get the consistency you want, serve hot in a bowl with nutmeg or brown sugar. Yummy!
@royal52gens (5380)
I like to make zucchini bread or fried zucchini. I don't care for squash much. You can also put zucchini in your spaghetti sauce. The kids don't even know they are getting vegetables this way.
@neenasatine (2842)
here are some of recipes from allrecipes.com... Whipped Butternut Squash SUBMITTED BY: Doug Matthews PHOTO BY: RandySweet "Any winter squash or combination of winter squash can be used. A nice complement to or substitute for mashed potatoes." INGREDIENTS * 2 butternut squash, halved and seeded * 1/2 cup margarine * 1 cup light sour cream * salt and pepper to taste DIRECTIONS 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 2. Place squash halves cut side down in a medium baking dish with enough water to cover. Cover, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until tender. 3. Scoop squash from skin into a medium bowl, and mix with margarine and light sour cream. Whip until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. --------------------------------------------------- Spaghetti Squash Casserole SUBMITTED BY: Nicole PHOTO BY: kimberly "I got this recipe from my Aunt. This is a quick and tasty way to prepare spaghetti squash." INGREDIENTS * 3 pounds spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil * 1 medium onion, chopped * 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms * 1 teaspoon dried basil * 3/4 cup sour cream * 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese * 3 slices bread, cubed DIRECTIONS 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). 2. Cook squash on a baking sheet in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until tender. Shred with a fork once cooled slightly, then transfer to a lightly oiled casserole dish, discarding shell. Do not turn off the oven. 3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions, mushrooms, and basil until onions are translucent and tender. Stir onion mixture and sour cream into the squash until well mixed. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover with bread cubes. 4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until warmed through and top is lightly browned and toasted. Enjoy! ---------------------------------------------------- Zucchini and Shells SUBMITTED BY: FABA1228 PHOTO BY: Adrienne "Family favorite to use that beautiful summer zucchini! Very simple recipe that tastes great accompanied by garlic bread! Very good for vegetarians, too." INGREDIENTS * 1/4 cup olive oil * 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped * 3 cloves garlic, minced * 1 large zucchini, peeled and cubed * 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce * 2 cups water * 1 teaspoon dried oregano * 1 teaspoon dried basil * 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes * 1/2 cup white sugar * 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked pasta shells * 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese DIRECTIONS 1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook until tender. Mix in zucchini and coat in the olive oil. Pour in tomato sauce and water. Season with oregano, basil, and red pepper. Dissolve sugar in the sauce. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. 2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. 3. In a large bowl, mix sauce and cooked past shells. Top with cheese to serve.
@miamilady (4924)
I haven't used them in too many different ways. I have steamed them with butter and garlic salt. I have sauteed them with olive oil and garlic salt. I put that on everything. I have also used them to make stir fry dishes with steak or chicken, and I have used it to make beef or chicken fajitas. I usually combine it with bell peppers and onions also.