How do you meet new people?

@FSCAries (881)
If you are looking for a partner in life, where do you go to find them? It's hard to really meet people unless you go to the bar or something, but what if you aren't much of a drinker, or what if you don't drink at all and don't really want to date someone that does? It just seems like there aren't many opportunities to meet new people, what do you think?
@stealthy (8188)
I want to know that to. I work at home these days which makes it really hard. Before working at home I met people at work or at school ( in classes, just walking across campus or at the tennis courts) when I was in college. I don't drink any more and even when I didn't I never had any luck meeting women in bars, so I would say that is not a good place anyway. I've heard of people meeting people in supermarkets and such and, although, I've struck up conversations with women in such places, none of them has led to actually meeting them.
@FSCAries (881)
Sounds like we are both in the same boat, what are we supposed to do?
@stealthy (8188)
Maybe, meet each other.
@happymom1 (1179)
Its hard to find the right person that your are going to marry but nowadays that the new technology is here we can do anything. I met my husband in a christian website here in the internet. We met in person and married.
@FSCAries (881)
I am kind of afraid of meeting people from over the internet, you always hear a lot of bad stories, and you never know what you might be getting into.
Personally I don't find it too difficult to meet new people. Generally what I'd do is to think about all the things that interest me, maybe a certain type of sports for example. Then I'd ask friends whether they know of any groups of people who play these sports and then I'd ask to join. Otherwise, I also go on the net to see if there are other groups discussing interests that are similar to mine, then I'd ask to join them. These are great ways of meeting new people. :)
@easy888 (10405)
Hello,FSCAries,the friends of your friends may probably be the new people who you can make friends with,whenever your friends have any gathering with their friends,you may enjoy them to know the whole group of friends,your social circle will be enlarged. Or may be you can do some volunteer work in the charity organization,i think it is a good place for you to make some new people as well. Good luck.
@helenying (120)
Well, I am not a drinker and I don't take part in many activities with strangers. So I have few opportunities to meet new people. I genearl meet new people through my old friends. Or the internet or the in new living environment. I think I will not go to meet someone on purpose, just by chance. I have already had many good friends. I am content with my lot.