If your partner cheated......

Australia
and you decided to take him/her back, would you demand they get an STD test or would you trust them if they said they used protection while they were cheating? How far should you trust a partner that's cheated on you?
@jennybianca (12915)
I wouldn't take him back. Fullstop. My husband left his wife, & he had an STD test after, as she had been sleeping with other men during the marriage, & had chlamidia. Fortunately my husband hadn't picked it up.
@mgmagana (3621)
i would def. demand an std test that's if i even took him back. i couldn't be with someone who was with someone else while he was with me. it would take a lot for me to take him back and trust him again.
i agree i still have hard time trusting my boyfriend but he says he cant trust me i dont know why i have never cheated on him the 6 yrs we have been together
@mgmagana (3621)
wow, i totally understand, sometimes when you love someone u just want to work through the issues, and it's hard to let go of everything u've been through for a little fling. i have a hard time trusting my husband not b/c he cheated on me but b/c i've caught him in plenty of lies about where he goes. he'll say he's going to one place when he's going to a friends house that i don't like. just things like that, i'll have proof in front of his face and he'll still deny it. maybe u should cheat back and show him how it feels so he won't do it again realizing how much it hurts.
i have been with my partner 6 yrs he has cheated twice and he just recently had an std test after the 2nd time . we still waiting for results.
He's cheated twice? What are you doing! Once a cheater always a cheater. He won't stop. Get outta there!
@bluishrose (2291)
Cheating is a no-no for me! I've been in that situation and regret having him back then. A cheater is always a cheater. Even if he used protection still it's disgusting. One mistake maybe but things will never be the same and the relationship will go nowhere.
@cassidy22 (2975)
Trust? Someone who cheats? Never. Heck, my husband and I got STD and HIV tests before we got intimate with each other as a course of courtesy for each other. If the louse cheated on me (I wouldn't take him back) I WOULD TAKE him to the doctor and MAKE him get an STD test. Probably make HER take a pregnancy test, too, if I could, to make sure there were no surprises...