Be careful what you wish for part 2

@shelagh77 (3643)
I recently posted about having wished for a partner and got one - plus in laws. I also have been wishing for a dog. I am almost deaf and it would be nice to have a SMALL dog to alert me if there is anyone around and I am a cuddly sort of person so the little one wouldn't be neglected. I have been looking out for a small dog that needs rehoming. Tsk, tsk, I should have realised that the in laws would again modify my plans. There has been a huge bust up and different people are leaving home, meaning the ancient labrador is in need of somewhere to stay. He is beautiful but very old, very set in his ways, quite grumpy and NOBODY's company. He has been nicknamed "the General" because he rules with a rod of iron and sulks like the dickens if he doesn't get his way. So, I got the wild card edition of my wish yet again! I shall keep you posted as to how the General settles in, he arrives on Thursday, and ask again, have you have your wishes come true, but the fairy godmother got the spell mixed up?
@mfpsassy (2827)
Hubby wished for a dog too. Thanks to my lovely daughter and her friend, he got a full grown black lab. We have had her fo about 4 years now. She too is also a bit set in her ways. She has taken to scaring the heck out of the people who come to read our electric meter. She also tries to eat any other animals that comes near her besides the cat. She even eats bees. She is the only dog I know that barks and scares people all while having a toy in her mouth
@dbhattji (2508)
I always thought labs were very friendly, there are two labs in our apartment and they were both very friendly with the children as well as my little dog.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Oh lovely, scares people with a toy in her mouth - not a revolver lol. I am happy to have the dog here, it is just that as always we can't do the normal thing and go to pick a rehome dog, we have to have an emergency and we are the only ones in a family of about 100 who will have the dog! Jimmy (that's his name) is a really lovely dog, and a potato thief! If there is a potato anywhere that is not under lock and key he will steal it and eat it! It is the first time I had ever known that in a dog. I am just worried that he is going to miss the family he has been with all his life and it will all be too much for him. Luckily he is used to birds so that should not be too much of a problem.
@mfpsassy (2827)
Actually It is quite a funny sight. A huge dog with a very deep and loud bark, barking with her deflated football or squeaky toy in her mouth. You are right Labs generally are friendly, Dbhattji, and she loves kids. But she is extremely protective of the house, the kids, and me when hubby isn't home. She was also in a bad dog fight before we got her and lost her litter of pups. I think that is why she does not like other animals
@dbhattji (2508)
yes I feel that God fulfills my wishes very often, so I am sometimes afraid to ask, thinking I may ask for the wrong things. I love the description of General oops! The general. I hope you have many good years with him and the in laws of course.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Yup, Jimmy the General is going to be a handful all right. We have half finished landscaping the garden and I reckon we will have some nice little doggy digging right in the middle of the bits we DON'T want dug. I am not looking forward to the sulk when he arrives though, not one little bit!