Are there any famous buildings in your city?

Argentina
Do you know the names of the architects that made them? Are there internationally know? Please share!
@ssh123 (31104)
I live in city of Bangalore. It has a lovely palace of erstwhile king of the State of Mysore (Bangalore is the capital of earlier called Mysore, now called as KARNATAKA). A lovely book has been brought out, displaying heritage buildings. There are atleast 200 buildings which are more than 150-250 years old and most of them are preserved by the State Government and no developmental activities are allowed near the building. the following are notable: 1. The present High Court of Karnataka 2. A british resident's building known as Balabrooie 3. Glass House in Lalbagh Botanical Gardens 4. Tippu Sultant's palace 6. Mysore King's Summer Palace
• Argentina
Wow, I want to go there so much! Are they protected by the government or the Unesco? do you have any interesting links to learn more about them? Thank you for sharing, ssh!
@ssh123 (31104)
UNESCO is taking care of ruins of Hampi - once it was a golden age in Karnataka and India. If you see Hampi, you will not come back for weeks, so lovely are the architectural marvels there. In Bangalore city, the government is taking care of those buildings. In Mysore, erstwhile Kings of Mysore had built huge palacious buildings, some of them now turned out to be star hotels. There is a lovely palace. When first opportunity comes, you please visit our place. You also inform me so that I can make arrangements to make your visit memorable. Good day.
@whywiki (6070)
I live in Victoria BC and I would say our most famous architect was Francis Rattenbury. He designed the Crystal Pool which was a salt water pool and the only one on the west coast. He also designed the Legislative buildings and I believe the Empress Hotel. He was eventually murdered from the history I remember. He built some really great places in this city and I would say he was one of the best in our city's history.
• Argentina
Thank U so much, I'll look his name up!! I've never heard of him before, but it really sounds interesting!
@polachicago (19075)
Yes, we have Sears tower. I believe that so fat it is the tallest building in the world.
• Argentina
Sears Tower! My gosh, it's so beautiful! I hope I'll go see it some day... The tallest right now I think is the Taipei 101, in China...
@polachicago (19075)
Sears is still listed as the tallest....