Has anyone ever been to Easter Island? Want to?

@breepeace (3027)
I'm fascinated by the Moai heads, and the mystery of it all. I'd love to hear from someone who's actually gone to hear about their experiences, before I go. Anyone here gone, or know someone that has? Anyone want to come? ;)
@eden32 (3976)
My partner has always wanted to go. He's also very fascinated by the Moai heads. But I do not know anyone who has been there. Have you seen the movie Rapa Nui (spelling could be off)? It's setting is Easter Island white explores landed there. I'm not sure that it can be proved to be historically accurate, but it's a pretty cool movie all the same.
@eden32 (3976)
typo- it should read that it's setting is Easter Island *before* white explorers landed there.
@krayzee (1161)
I would also absolutely love to go there, as I also love archaeological mysteries :) I don't think I'll be able to afford it anytime soon though, as it is really far away from where I live. I can't wait for you to come back and tell us all about it (maybe with some pictures too) :) Happy traveling :)
@ElicBxn (60894)
I'd love to go, but I won't beable to afford it. :( I've always loved archological mysteries, and even tho this one is partially solved, its still cool.