Where and what do you do to worship?

@cynddvs (2950)
This question is geared towards all religions. I am interested in finding out how many different religions worship and MyLot is a great place to find this out since there are people from all over the world and all walks of life. I don't want this to turn into a debate about who's right and wrong. Everyone has their reasons for what they believe in and how they worship. I myself have been to many different christian churches. I have always found it facinating to see the differences in how all the services are. Just this week I went to a non denominational church. The service was about 2 hours long. For the first 30 minutes the church had a band playing contemporary christian music. All the members were getting really into it singing, dancing and waving flags. It was a lot of fun watching everyone and how much they got into the service. I've also attended church at an Episcopal church. They have a very structured service and the music is classical hymns with organ music. And I've been to Catholic church. Catholic church is very structured as well. But I've always found it hard to get into the service there. I've been to many more different churches including baptist, presbyterian, and methodist. It's just very interesing to see how different services can be just within the christian community. So how do you worship?
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I'm a Celtic Reconstructionist Pagan. I honor my Gods mainly through how I live my life and considering their plans for me in everything I do. I also honor them by celebrating certain holidays that mark the turn of the seasons, through ritual, through meditation, and through inviting them into my life with all its joys and sorrows. I honor them through honoring nature, all life, and the energies and spirits that move in this world. I can't say I have one specific time of place of worship, because I believe that everything I do is a form of worship. All day long I talk to the Gods, not just at one specific time of the day. Every step I take on the path of my life is in their presence. The Gods I worship are many and diverse, each with their own personalities and relationship to me. There is one particular Goddess who is closest to my heart, who spoke to me first in dreams when I was a very young child. My relationship to her, and to many of the Gods, is too informal a thing at time to be called "worship" and rarely do I use the word actually. My Gods are like family. =)
@cynddvs (2950)
Very interesting. Now this may be a stupid question, but are there different types of Pagans? I've never read too much into Pagans. I find the worship of many different Gods very interesting. Pagans really seem to be one with the Earth.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
There are many different kinds of Pagans. The Pagan religion most people know the most about is Wicca, which is actually a modern religion that draws on traditions from older religions. The reason there are many types of Pagans is that "Paganism" is actually a category of religions rather than one religion. Most older non-monotheistic religions would fit under the category of Paganism. Many people study parts of the Greek and Roman religions is school (under the term "mythology". Also fitting into this category are the religions of Norse, Celtic, Egyptian, and many other peoples. Some people also include certain shamanistic type religions under the Paganism banner. My particular pantheon of Gods comes mostly from Ireland (though there are a couple from Wales and other Celtic areas). I know other people who are eclectic pagans and worship Gods from many pantheons, or who believe that all the Gods are essentially faces of one higher diety, or who refrain from giving their Gods any names at all. Paganism is a VERY broad category, and there are few things you could get all of us to agree on. But yes, I've never met a Pagan who didn't have a lot of respect for nature!
I worship wherever and whenever I happen to be. I am a Christian but have tolerance for all religions but not a fan of organzied religion as I find very commercialized.
@cynddvs (2950)
I'm not too big on organized religion myself. I just can't stand that everytime I go to church I feel like they are begging for money. I feel like I'm look down on if the collection plate passes and I don't have anything to give.
@yemberzal (301)
I am muslim by faith and for every man or woman, we have offer prayers five times a day. It is compulsory in any circumstances and can not be avoided or delayed.Men have been asked to go to mosque, where it is must to offer prayers in groups under one learned person , however women have been given concession, as they have to look house hold and small kids that they can offer prayers in their homes. Timing for prayers is fixed. Morning before sun rise, second after noon, third before sun set, fourth immediately after sun set and fifth in evening. To offer prayers we have wash our hands, face, feet and put dress free from dirt. In all prayers there is a systematic way how to perform prayers, and prayers are affered only in one direction that is south west. That means people in all direction where ever they offer prayers they face Kaaba, the very first mosque built to offer prayers in the world, it is in Mecca , Suadi Arabia, and it was built by Abraham pbuh , father of Prophet Issac ,the fore father of jesus and Ismaelthe fore father of Mahmad pbuh.To offer prayers is a part of worship and not the entire worship, we have to go for pilgrimage, we have to keep fasts for a month, we have to share our wealth in poor and it is 2.5 percent of total wealth and it is to paid annually
@cynddvs (2950)
Thank you for your response. I have read a little bit about the Muslim faith and their prayers. It's very interesting to get more insight to the Muslim faith and worship.
@Jennifer21 (2476)
Well, I follow the Pagan path. I am a devout pagan and I follow my faith very much so. I honor the God and the Goddess. They are very important to me. I feel they have helped me many times throughout my hard times. Of course I cannot forget the other Goddesses and Gods in any way. There are certain Gods for certain purposes. I will call upon them during a hard time. I will also call upon them for praise. My husband has a great bond with Odin, the God of the sky. He feels he connects with him very much so. Although for me, I have not found a certain God. I honor all. I will say my religion is a forgiving, and also very satisfying religion. I feel whole following this path, and without it, I wouldn't be myself. I have been to many Christian churches, because while I was living with my parents, that is what they followed, the Christian path. I never felt comfortable in all of the Christian beliefs. Then I found my husband, a very devout Pagan, and he taught me everything. He taught me about nature, of the Gods and Goddesses, and even the magick that coincides with Paganism. I am NOT one to judge others of their followings though. Because in my heart, I know that it really doesn't matter what religion you follow or what God or Goddess you believe in. All that truly matters is that you follow your beliefs, and follow them completelly. All that truly matters is BELIEF. All religions are completelly different, but if you are a true believer of the religion, then you feel satisfied, and whole.
@cynddvs (2950)
I've thought about looking more into Pagan beliefs. I don't really know much about it. But the things I have found out sound really interesting to me. I agree with you that I would never judge someone for their beliefs. That is why I am trying to find my path and what I believe in. Thank you for your response.
i go to a temple, once in every month and pary to god for the well being of my family and also for the well being of the world so that each one of us lives in peace, harmony and prosperity.