Rare White Alligator

@cynddvs (2950)
I took my daughter to the zoo last week. We got the opportunity to see a rare white alligator. This is one of the featured animals at our local zoo and is going to be here all summer until Labor Day. It is said that there are only 30 true albino alligators. The first known white alligator was discovered in Louisiana by some fishermen in 1992. Have any of you ever seen a white alligator?
@raychill (6530)
When I went to Australia they had one of these at the Australia Zoo. I laughed as the first animal I saw in the Australia Zoo was actually an American alligator and it made me giggle since I was from America. The albino alligator was very interesting! I saw albino kangaroos too.
@cynddvs (2950)
I bet the zoo in Australia is nice. An albino kangaroo would be an interesting site.
@raychill (6530)
it was. I told my friend that that was the ONE place that she absolutely HAD to show me while I was visiting her. The kangaroos were just such amazing creatures.
No. How interesting although I did see a white/albino tiger at Busch Gardens some years ago.