Personal Moral Standards of Some MyLotters

@worldwise1 (14887)
I know that I will probably be drawn and quartered for saying this. Also demoted again. When something bugs me, though, I just have to address it. I've noticed that some MyLotters keep initiating discussions where they are extolling their high moral standards. That's not why I'm here. I don't care if you are a smoker, a drunk, a fornicator, an adulterer, or a cusser. It's not my place to judge. If your standards were so high and moral, you would abide by what the Bible says, "Judge not." I wish these people would just stop putting other people down for what they do. In the end we all have to answer only for ourselves.
@feralwoman (2199)
Good on you Worldwise1, I quite agree. It really gets me mad when people put others down and think of themselves as somehow "superior" beings. Those who preach to others about their high morals can take a running jump off a short pier! LOL
@worldwise1 (14887)
Yeah, feralwoman. I refuse to suck up to anyone just to remain in their good graces. I am a smoker and I get so sick of them calling smokers all kinds of vile names. I'm not in their home smoking. I'm in my home. They should just butt out, lol.
Butt out - that's a good one LOL. ;)
@judyt00 (3504)
yes, they bother me as well. I tend to rub their snottiness back in their faces when I see them on here, especially the women with a bunch of kids who say anyone who doesn't want kids is evil.
LOL that makes me evil then! ;)
@worldwise1 (14887)
Right, judy! What I was trying to get across is why can't they just come on here and discuss things that don't pass judgment on others.
@judyt00 (3504)
Mostly because they let their pastor think for them. i think you will find that the most judgemental people on here are the least educated, and the most religious. I know a bunch got together a while ago, and tried to get all us atheists removed from the site
@winky73 (1396)
Thank you worldwise1.....I could not agree with you more.It's amazing to me how some can be so judgemental of others and the things they believe or the things they do. It happens to many times that people get attacked for speaking their mind....just because it's different then what others may think. Now I will tell someone when I think they are wrong.....but I would never judge someone for it. A lot of those so called christians......seem to forget that in the bible it says...."those who are free of sin....shall cast the first stone".I can only speak for myself.....but that won't be me and I don't know of many people that would qualify for that either.
@sigma77 (5385)
I can't argue too much with that. I certainly don't want to tell anyone how to live or what is right for them. All I ever want to do is suggest that there are always alternatives in changing a lifestyle. I don't like to be critical of others, for I have no right to judge them. And nor does anyone else, no matter how many bibles they read in a day.
@misheleen73 (6037)
Amen !!! I recently answered a discussion on abortion. The person that started the topic clearly stated no bashing, just an exchange of opinions. Well I guess she didn't like mine and jumped on me. LOL I have always said we are no one to judge others. If these people are al sinners, than I guess God will deal with them (and me I might add) accordingly. I am a smoker as well, and I get so sick of people telling me how nasty it is, I should stop. I have no regard for anyone else, blah blah blah.
@carolscash (9500)
We shouldn't judge others and most people know that and follow that. However, I do think that this is a public forum and it is here for people to post their opinion and if judging people is there opinion then I guess there is nothing that we can do about it. If I were you, I would just ignore them and be glad that we know better than to do that.
Such great discussion, yes, it does seems that many reveal matters that destroy their creditability as a good morale person and it only takes a few words of wisdom to put them all in their place, thank you for that.
@kodie420 (872)
I agree with you. I dont think anybody on here has the right to judge anyone. Thats why I dont start many discussions myself because I hate these people that think they are better or know more then us. Its a public forum and we all have the right to say what we want and should not have to worry about being judged by these small minded people.
@naty1941 (2336)
They really think they are superior because they believe they have high morals. However, if you look closely they have faults also. Best thing is to ignore them.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Well, its their life and we have nothing agaisnt these kind of people here on mylot. Sometimes I guess its just a communication problem with soem of the mylotters, some think they are judged and some think have only spoken and have shared their opinion and I dont think that is being judgemental when you say what you want to say.
@worldwise1 (14887)
Sorry, but I don't get the impression that you really understood the point of what I was saying. This is not about anyone thinking they are being judged. It's about them passing judgment.
I always try to be careful when I word something that I don't say something that will offend someone as that is never my intention but I am sure at some point I have offended someone as I feel that we all say things that don't come out right or the way we intended and that may be a part of the problem . When you don't know someone well enough to take how they said something , it can be hard to judge but then there are others that are just downright critical of others and there is no other way to take it then the fact that they are judging others and it is true this is not right . And I can't figure out why someone would take the time to put someone down or why they would take the time to be rude but figure these individuals must have a poor sence of self esteem if this is what they have to do to feel better about themselves or are just on here trying to cause trouble for those that are really interested in this site .
it could not be same but norms should not be harm full to any one
@happymom1 (1179)
Its their choice to do it. ITs true we cannot judge to other people. We just mind our own business. We try our best to be real and honest of what we discuss in here. All people are all different so if they choose to do that thing well its theirs.
@mummymo (23707)
Well I agree with you - I try not to judge anyone and think that I am no better than anyone else! We are all human and all make mistakes - I know I have made plenty and will probably make many , many more! Well said lets all make an effort to be who we are and accept ithers for who they are! xxx
@rx4life (1932)
I agree!!!! There is only one judge for me...and that will be between me and my God...no one else need apply for the position of judge and I will not apply for their position...if we don't like what they do we can express it..but not judge...we are all human and imperfect...I'm the first to know my faults..and I am not here to acknowledge anyone elses....not my job...Thanks for the post!!!
@bowtieguy (5927)
If you want to get technical, I get most of my values and morals from the bible, I use a lot of its teachings as a guide for living my life the best I can, but I mostly try to be a good person and to treat others as I would wish to be treated (the golden rule).
@twoey68 (13651)
Personally I think more ppl need to have moral standards. It seems they are becoming a lost art in this new "If it feels good, do it" society we are becoming. Judging ppl comes naturally...we may not mean to do it but we do...sometimes ppl keep these judgements to themselves but sometimes they voice them. Most ppl get upset b/c they don't like how they've been judged for whatever reason. And yes I agree at the end we all answer for ourselves. LIVE IN PEACE
@Riptide (2761)
Very well said. I think people like to do that, because poinitng out other peoples mistakes, makes them feel like they are a better person, because they don't "do those thing". Taking the focus of themselves and their faults, makes them feel more adequate. What they fail to see, is that nobody is perfect, including themselves.
I agree with you in the end we all have to answer only to God in the Bible I BELIEVE IT SAYS "JUDGE NOT UNLESS YE YOURSELF BE JUDGED" if I am misquoting this then please let me know
I do completely agree with you. If you come across a discussion that goes against something you believe in, just skip it. No need to post and judge others for their opinions or beliefs. There are posts on a lot of things here that have no interest to me or may go completely against what I believe. I skip them and move on. With so many different cultures represented here it is going to be hard for there not to be dissenting opinions and beliefs. It is pretty easy to diplomatically state that your opinion differs and not make it seem a judgemental statement.