Interesting Trivias about "The Only"

Abraham Lincoln, who invented a hydraulic device for lifting ships over shoals, was the only US president ever granted a patent. According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until the 1730's, India was the only source for diamonds in the world. Antarctica is the only continent without reptiles or snakes. Australia is the only country that is also a continent. Baskin Robbins once made ketchup ice cream. This was the only vegetable flavored ice cream produced. Bats are the only mammal that can fly. They have only one baby a year. Elvis Presley made only one television commercial - an ad for "Southern Maid Doughnuts" that ran in 1954. Franklin D. Roosevelt was the only US president elected four times. George Washington is the only man whose birthday is a legal holiday in every state of the United States. Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead. Hawaii is the only US state that grows coffee. Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible. In 1969, "Midnight Cowboy" became the first and only X-rated production to win the Academy Award for Best Picture. (Its rating has since been changed to R.) James Buchanan was the only US president never to be married. Libra, the Scales, is the only inanimate symbol in the zodiac. Mercury is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature. Ohio is the only US state without a rectangular flag. Ohio's flag is a pennant. Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any state of the United States. Richard M. Nixon is the only US president to have resigned. Teeth are the only parts of the human body that can't repair themselves. The Beatles held the Top Five spots on the April 4th, 1964 Billboard singles chart. To date, they're the only band that has ever accomplished that. The Bledowska Desert in Poland is the only true desert in Europe. The city of Chicago has the only post office in the world where you can drive your car through. The hummingbird is the only bird that can fly backwards. The hyoid bone in the throat is the only bone in the human body not joined to another. The Joshua tree is the only tree that grows in California's Mojave Desert. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card. The number 4 is the only number in the English language that has the same number of letters in its name as its meaning. The only Englishman to become Pope was Nicholas Breakspear, who was Adrian IV from 1154 to 1159. The only lizard that has a voice is the Gecko. The only one of his sculptures that Michelangelo signed was the "The Pieta," completed in 1500. The only part of the human body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air. The only rock that floats in water is pumice. The only wood used by famed London cabinetmaker Thomas Chippendale was mahogany. The pecan tree is the only naturally growing nut tree in North American. It is native to the Texas, Mississippi and Mexico River Valleys. The penguin is the only bird that can swim, but not fly. It is also the only bird that walks upright. There is only one Q in a Scrabble game. Uranus is the only planet that rotates on its side. Woodrow Wilson was the only US president to earn a doctorate. Zsa Zsa Gabor was the first - and only - recipient of a Golden Globe Award for "Most Glamorous Actress." She won the peculiar award in 1958. The category was deleted thereafter.
@santuccie (3375)
Ooh, I like trivias. Thank you for this interesting information!
@terri0824 (4991)
Thanks for sharing the trivia, but my brain can't absorb that much knowledge all at one time. Interesting facts though.
@mummymo (23707)
Ok you had me this time! I really didn't know any of these - thank you for sharing them - I will try to remember them but please know if you send it out again in a few weeks I will probably react in equal wonderment as I have a really bad memory! lol xxx
@asmurthy (2464)
Interest collection of trivia you have posted. i also mention one trivia. Space Vote In 1997, Astronaut David Wolf of Houston, Texas, was permitted to caste his vote for Houston's Mayor while on board the Russian Space Station MIR!
@tolyme (305)
• Argentina
Good work.Keep good post posts like this coming.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I enjoyed reading your factoids. They were a lot of fun. I read some of them to my daughter. The fact that that I thought was the funniest was the Baskin Robins ketchup flavored ice cream. I can totally understand why they are not making it any more. Who in their right mind would want ketchup flavored ice cream. I also liked the facts on the Presidents as well. I look forward to more of your articles with interesting facts.