Some more interesting Trivia

1. Bananas are available all year-round. They are harvested every day of the year. 3 medium size bananas weigh approximately 1 pound. 2. A scientific report form the University of California found that the steam rising from a cup of coffee contains the same amounts of antioxidants as three oranges. The antioxidants are heterocyclic compounds which prevents cancer and heart disease. It's good for you! 3. A honey bee must tap two million flowers to make one pound of honey 4. A chameleon can move its eyes in two directions at the same time. 5. A leech is a worm that feeds on blood. It will pierce its victim's skin, fill itself with three to four times its own body weight in blood, and will not feed again for months. Leeches were once used by doctors to drain "bad blood" from sick patients. 6. In Christian theology there are nine choirs of angels. From highest to lowest, they are: seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominions, virtues, powers, principalities, archangels, and angels. 7. Cats average 16 hours of sleep a day, more than any other mammal. 8. On average women say 7,000 words per day. Men manage just over 2000. 9. Babies' eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six to eight weeks old. 10.A cockroach can live for up to a week without a head. 11.Ants don't sleep. 12.Only female mosquitoes bite. Females need the protein from blood to produce their eggs.
@mummymo (23707)
thanks for sharing these interesting facts sweets! Some amazed me but I was so impressed that I knew a few of them, like babies not having tears, female mosquitos biting, here's one for you though - did you know that leech's are still used in some medical procedures although it is quite rare? xxx
Yes i think i posted a trivia about leaches on my other post. Thanks.
@derek_a (10902)
There are some very interesting and unusual facts there :-). Poor chockroach, it can't be very comfortable walking about without a head, or perhaps they don't walk about, they just sort of sit there.. Ants must have a terrible case of insomnia!
Lol yeah those facts must be terrible and funny
@munhozmib (3853)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Now we are talking about some interesting information here, huh? I found it out really funny and interesting! I knew about the Cockroach, but no one believed me. But now I know I was right all that time, I wasn't mistaken! And about the ants... I knew it too, and I found interesting. How do they recover energy? Do they die in a day, as mosquitos? And women, as always, talking way more than men, huh?
@terri0824 (4991)
Thank you for sharing this trivia. I knew I learned something new here on MyLot everyday, and you just added more to my knowledge.
@1grnthmb (2063)
I enjoy your trivia. A especially like the one about woman saying 7000 words a day and men say 2000. Ever thought that it is because the men can not get a word in edgewise. And the cockroach can also live that long under water.
@aprilgrl (4460)
Thanks for this intersting triva.
This is quite interesting. I knew coffee was good for you:) I did know that about the leeches, I think that was in story line in Grey's Anatomy.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I was very interested in your post about the coffee. my daughter and husband both drink coffee. My husband only drinks his hot but my daughter drinks hers cold. My daughter was very happy to find out that coffee is good for her. Leeches are still used today in medicine. As far as women saying 7000 words a day I think it could be more. As for men well I will have to disagree with this fact because I know some men who can talk more than any woman I have ever met. Thanks again for the information.