Can a cat fly in a plane?

I also have another question as well. My cat got gas or car oil all over her left side. I tried to remove it wait a warm/cold rag with dawn on it. she won't let me. I am praying my neighbor did not do this. She hates my sweeties so much. They just cry to go outside. Also I am looking to go to NY. I would love to know if cats can go on a plane. Thanks so much for the help
@sedel1027 (17855)
Thats a tough one. Depends on the airline. Some will let you carry them on in a carrier. Since you have three, that may make a huge difference. I suggest you call around to different airlines and find out their policy. Whatever you do, DO NOT check your animal. They get treated like the luggage does.
@sedel1027 (17855)
If your cat won't let you clean him, then you need to get to the vet ASAP. Not only can the oil or gas make them sick from licking the substance, it can also burn their skin (if it is gasoline). Since this could be your neighbor, you need to stop letting them out. They will get over it. It is really unsafe to let cats outside because so many people will poision them.
• Brazil
A cat i don't now, but a rat yes =]
@HighReed1 (1126)
You would have to check with the airline. If you have a good sturdy carry cage, I don't think it should be a problem. Make sure you have documentation the shots are up-to-date. If your cats freak out at traveling (like ours do) you might want to get a kitty tranquilizer at the vet. It's a pill you give them just before you leave and they sleep the whole trip.
@Calais (10900)
Yes they can as long as they are in approved carry cage or I think that you can hire them from the airport. Just check with the airline first. You really need to get this oil out of her coat, it dosnt matter if she dosnt like it, it would only take a couple of minutes but its for her own sake, you dont want her licking it off and to get really sick.