What's the most annoying thing your child does?

For me, it would have to be the spitting. When my three year old gets mad at me, she spits her words out. I think it's her way of expressing dissatisfaction over some decision I've made. Look, she's only three, there are going to be times when she doesn't like the rules. And, that's when she starts word spitting at me. Every word that comes out of her mouth sounds like she's spitting. It's way more than annoying! Yesterday I started a new rule, where she owes me a dollar every time she spits. Needless to say, the spitting has pretty much stopped since then. So, what is the most annoying thing that your kids do? Leave their clothes everywhere for you to pick up? Tell little white lies that you know couldn't possibly be true? Pick on their siblings? Please share.
@moomincat (321)
When she throws a moody and I realise she acting just like me. Its alright for me to be obnoxious why is it hereditary in the genes.
It's funny you mention that, because I realized that very thing about my three year old the other day. She is literally copy-catting my behavior. So, I have to watch my mouth, my attitude, my mood, everything! I'm lucky though. She's a very compassionate person and loves to care for me. Some kids her age are selfish or so I hear. Not mine. Every kid is different though. But amazingly they are all excellent mimics. Be well.
@Vixx06 (162)
The most annoying thing my youngest does is refuse to go to bed. Now I do know that all kids are difficult to get to bed but my little lady takes it to an extreme. She will scream and cry until she falls asleep and I carry her upstairs. I have tried all sorts of methods advised to me but none work. She is 4 next week and have even tried blackmail but no luck. She refuses to admit she is tired and wakes the whole house up. I have two other girls who are great. Where did I go wrong?
My three year old is the exact same way. She has trouble letting go of the day. At times, I've completely given up trying to make her go to sleep at a specific time and just let her fall asleep on the couch. Plus, way back when I used to let her have caffienated sodas and such and that kept her from wanting to go to bed too. I'm sure when yours starts school, she'll be eager to go to bed so she can wake up early and go be with her friends. Currently, that method works with my daughter. I'll promise her that we can go outside for awhile or do something fun the next day, but only if she goes to sleep right now! You'd be amazed at how fast a three year old can fall asleep when they have a reward waiting for them on the other side. Be well and good luck with your kids.
@shemah (841)
I would say the most annoying thing my 3 year old does is scream shrilly and shout whenever he doesn't get his way and will immediately stop like a switch turned off when he does get his way.. The other thing is, he's beginning to spin some tales of his own. He knocked something down on purpose and i ONLY glared at him and he ran to his grandma crying saying i pinched him. Now where did that come from?? it really IS frustrating!
Wow! I thought mine was the only one that did that. It really bothers me, because I'm worried that someone will actually believe her fables! But, the screaming things is definitely a problem for us too, because we live so close to our neighbors, and they might call the police. When she doesn't get her way, she can scream louder than any adult! We're good parents! And, I guess we spoiled her a bit too much by giving in to her every whim. But, our little one has found that screaming pushes all the right buttons, so she does that a lot. I am still working on a way of dealing with that. Let me know if you have any techniques for dealing with the screaming. It's a real point of contention in our household. Be well and be blessed!
@GuateMom (1411)
My 18 month old likes to walk on his own. The problem is that he doesn´t watch where he is going and wanders all over the place, tripping people up and sometimes heads for the street! When I grab his hand to keep him from danger, he just goes limp and falls to the ground and screams his head off. Here in Guatemala, many people think that white people steal children and every time my son acts up like this, I worry that someone is going to attack me or something, thinking that I am kidnapping him!
okay let's start with the youngest!! 2 yr. old- everytime he gets near our pool he has to take off his diaper. when he say thank you he screams 2-3 times 6 yr.old- She has ADHD. when ever she talks she screams and has to repeat everything 5 times if you don't respond to her. 7 yr.old- nothing really annoies me about this one she's ok 7 yr.old- She has a very squeaky voice 8yr.old- He whines and throws himself on the ground when ever he dosen't get his way. If you stand him in the corner he spits and blows snot on the wall. 9yr.old- He lies about everything!! when he's madd he makes faces and mouthes out words.drives me insane. Is that what your looking for? thanks for posting usually everyone makes believe that their children are perfect and you are a bad parent because you get annoied with your children.
@golfproo (1841)
There is not much my daughters do that annoy me, but I do not like it when they have temper tantrums or pick on one another. This tends to happen when they do not get what they want and that drives me crazy because it shows they can be spoiled at times. I get upset when they pick on one another because they need to be able to count on one another always. cheers,
I can only pick one?!?!?!? LOL My son is almost 7 and he has a habit of whining and stomping away when he doesn't get the answer he wants. It is definitely not as often as it was a few months ago, so hopefully he is growing out of that. My daughter is 4 and she likes to act like a dog or lion. It is ok when she is playing, but not if I'm trying to get her to do something or if we are in a store. We tell her that God made her a little girl, not an animal. She also likes to talk like a baby. . .drives me nuts! Even though they do many things that annoy me, I know they are just kids and some day they won't be little anymore. The good definitely out weights the bad!
@Ruhana (129)
I have no child but this discussion will help to know how many way or what deed of a child can bring annoying to a mother or parent.
@lightningMD (5937)
The most annoying thing our daughter does is disagree with everything we say. If we say its hot she says its cold. If we say the sky is blue she says well its really kinda of gray. She always has to be right and have the last word on everything.
@Trace86 (5043)
My annoying child is now a 20 year old moochy high school dropout without a job. Right now, his very existence annoys me. I wish he would get a job. I find it very irritating that he is still asleep when I get home from work at 4 pm. I hate that he doesn't do a thing unless he is specifically told to. I think my biggest pet peeve is that he won't wash his own dishes. Everyone else does, why can't he?