Parent Talk

Baby - a baby held by father
What's the Best and the Hardest Things about being a Parent?
@muscare (3069)
One of the best things about being a parent is doing the smallest thing for your child, and having them look at you with such love and admiration, as if you have done the most wonderful thing in the world for them. I find one of the hardest things about being a parent is seeing your child sick, or hurting, and not being able to take it from them.
@nfhs79 (861)
The best is having baby and happy baby. The hardest is to maintain budget and to gain more money to have more kids. I like to have more babies. We planned and we dont want our child to suffer when our salary cant cope with all budget. :)
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
The best for me coz I'm a single mom is to take care of them of most of my time and energy. The hardest thing that if they got sick and you saw them hurt it is very difficult for a mom like me seeing your child suffered that I can manage the illness and wish to transfer it to me.
@asmurthy (2464)
What a good question. For me, the hardest part is letting go. My son is 17 years old and I have a hard time letting him make his own decisions and sometimes making his own mistakes. Along with that, giving him his own space and finding out that he doesn't want to tell me everything. But the best part is when he does have a tough issue to deal with, he comes to me and asks for my opinion. That makes me feel like I must be doing something right!
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I think the hardest thing is telling my daughter no. I understand that it is needed but I would like a better world so that I would not have to be so stricked. I like to know where she is and who she is with. I think if you really care about your kids you will know where they are at all times. I know it is hard but as parents we need to guide our children on the right path and we can not do that if our children are running the street to all hours of the night and no supervision. My daughter thinks I am stricked but she understands that there are very bad people in this world. There are kids missing and most of them go at least a day before someone realizes that they are missing. I will not know how good a parent I am till my daughter is grown with a family of her own. At this time I think she will be alright because she knows she will always have a place to go and be safe.
I believe the hardest thing for a parent is once their child has grown into an adult is letting them go, to be an adult. The best thing about being a parent, is bring a life into the world and being able to teach that life to do good in the world.
• Pakistan
If i were a father the hardest thing that i would suffer to see my child going away which so i will always look for my kids to be with me :)
@Justme2007 (1848)
The best you get to see them grow into good men and woman the hardest is watching them hurt after they have been hurt by the someone special in their lives and you can't say or do anything but hold them.
Best thing; Bringing them up Hardest thing; Watching them hurt/hurting. ~Joey
@nannacroc (4049)
The best thing is to watch your children grow into the sort of people you wanted them to be. The worst thing is not to be able to heal their hurts with a hug when they are adults. The hardest thing any parent has to do is to let their children go.
@sunshinecup (7881)
Having to be the one to make them cry. I hate that, I hate that part with everything in me. However as a parent it's my job to hand down punishments when they don't stick to the rules. It just sucks though.
@mummymo (23707)
The best thing about being a parent is to watch your child grow and learn, to know that your child is a real person who impacts on the life of others! The hardest thing is not throttling them when they are a cheeky teenager lol No I think the hardest part is worrying that you have not done a good enough job of teaching them about life and they may suffer as a result! What are your best and hardest things! xx
@derek_a (10902)
Surely, the best part of being a parent is the opportunity to realise a a selfless love. The hardest part then would be when the kids insist on learning from their own mistakes, even though you know there's going to be problems for them - in other words, the hardest part is standing back and letting go.