Did you keep a journal or diary while you were pregnant?

It's been over three years since my daughter was born, and now most of the details of my pregnancy are just a blur. I can remember bits and pieces of the pregnancy, like the time we went shopping for baby clothes and found the perfect stroller instead. Or, how during my ninth month of pregnancy our car was almost in a wreck (on the way home from the OB/Gyn's office.) Mostly, though I remember the bad parts like the blood tests. There were way too many of those. But, I know there were good times too. So many wonderful, amazing and scary things happened during that brief nine months, but I can't remember most of them. Sometimes I wish I'd kept a journal or diary of some sort. At the time I wasn't online, so I didn't know about blogs. That would have been the ideal way to keep track of my pregnancy week by week. What about you? Did you keep a pregnancy diary? Do you ever read it now that your kids are older? How does it make you feel looking back over the things you wrote?
@rapolu_cs (1184)
I dont have habbit of maintaining dairy but my hubby has it but he stopped in between and he started writing it after we had a son and he writes every new and adventure thing that our kid does with photographs.
@shemah (841)
i never did keep a journal during my first pregnancy.. and being 5 mths along now, i still haven't really kept a journal. I'm really bad at these things. Pretty inconsistent. I try to blog a little here and there about my pregnancy experiences (now), but i don't blog all about it. I don't want my male single readers to be all bored out! But i think it is good, because even if i might remember NOW, i might not remember what happened 20 years along the road. So maybe, if i have a 3rd one i will.. i feel like this pregnancy is too far along to start writing..
Honestly, it's so true! But, I wish I could send a message in a bottle back to my pregnant self and demand that I journal all the pregnancy experiences. Most of those memories are completely gone now. The only one that I remember clearly comes from the hospital on the night my daughter was born. That's a memory that will live forever! Or, at least I hope it will!
@surveygrrl (1271)
I kept a journal with both of my pregnancies. I read little parts of it at their 1 year birthday parties. The adults all get a kick out of it. I am glad I have them. I wish I would have journaled more often in them. I aimed for writing everyday but things happened and I forgot. Gotta love Pregnancy Brain.
i love to write so when i found out i was about to go threw pregnancy i wanted to remember everything that was with my first daughter it was so fun to read that i did one with all 5 of my kids i still write in them and they are 11-9-7-5-3.my older kids like to hear about things they did as little ones. i also think it will be a good thing to have when they get grown and have kids of there own to read
I had read about this idea when I was pregnant with my second last child and tried a couple of times to express the way I felt when I found out I was pregnant but could never seem to express how excited I was or to convey on paper just what being pregnant to me meant . Time went by and I kept putting it off and figuring that I would get around to it when I knew what to say . I never did get around to it and when I had my last child it was the same thing . I did start one but then didn't like what I wrote up so I ended up throwing it away . Now I wished I hadn't because it would have been nice to look back on , no matter how I worded it .
I kept a diary for the most part. I told myself that when I had Alexi that I would keep it with her baby book and not open it until she had her daughter. I can't wait now. She's only 10 or weeks so old so I have a long wait :)
I have 4 kids and kept a diary on my second pregnancy mostly, because I was so sick and wanted to document everything that was going on. I now have it in my son's baby book and he loves to read the comments I have about loving him so much before he was born. He is now 10. When I read it, it makes me cry, thinking about how scared I was about maybe not carrying him to term, or that he could be born with problems. I wish had kept one with all of my kids.
@cynddvs (2950)
I wish I had kept a journal or something when I was pregnant too. I had just started getting online a lot when I was pregnant so I didn't really know anything about blogging. Soon after I had my daughter I joined myspace and started seeing all these girls blogs keeping up with their pregnancies. It made me really wish I had done something like that. I still remember quite a few details 2 years later but it would be nice to have something in wrting.
I wish that I would have kept a pregnancy journal. I was so sick during the first 4 months with both of my pregnancies, that is about all I remember. I did write letters to both of my children a month before they were born and keep them in their baby books. I also write letters to both of my children on their birthdays. I will keep a collection of them and someday, whether their graduation day or wedding day, I will give the letters to each of them. I do journal the special things that happen or that we do, but not as much as I should. They are growing up sooooo fast! My son will be 7 on Wednesday and my daughter is 4.