How to get rid of spam email

I get so much junk mail in my email accounts..no matter how I click the links that say "unsubscribe" it seems the amount of junk doesnt disappear.. I tried spam filters..but then sometimes the spam filters would block out good email.. What are your suggestions????
@tyc415 (5706)
I have heard that it is better to either delete or report junk emails as spam instead of opening and doing the "unsubscribe" thing. If you unsubscribe you will end up in the long run getting more junk emails. I don't have much problems with junk emails, I use AOL and they are pretty good about catching spam. I empty my spam folder each day and I do check to make sure that good mail does not go there but that hardly ever happens. Try not responding with the unsubscribe thing for a while and see if that helps any. Just delete them or send to spam folder. Good luck and I hope this helps.
Yes I figure there must be something to that unsubscribing since it asks you to input your email ..I wonder where it is shot to after you put it in the form;)+
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
ty not to give your account at all unless completely necessary...and if u get spam, mark it as such, so that it doesn't reach your inbox but the spam folder. If many of the spam mails come from the same domain, you can ban it or block it on your account options.
Actually ..I have tried this one too..am grateful though that you are putting these here..since Many people here on mylot are like me and trying to empty their email of unwanted spam;)+
@pelo26 (1553)
I'm having the same problem and frankly, I'm getting tired of putting people in my mail's block listed list. I've been getting same mail messages from different e-mail addresses and its really starting to annoy me. Any experts out there who could help us?
Sorry to hear that you too: pelo26 are having this problem..but; I am sure that many others here will end up saying the same thing.. I have heard that people pay for these "really good spam filters" friends of mine; but then all my emails to them gets put into the spam..lol..so how good is a spam filter..and why pay for it if it's going to put the good emails in spam;)+_
@babostwick (2037)
What I've done to prevent the problem is actually when it goes into my junk mail, it gets deleted right away. There should be an option to do that. I know there is for hotmail. That is how I am not getting bugged so much with it. I then go about my business and that's about it. Have you tried that before? Maybe that could help do the trick?
I normally report it and then add the address or domain if it's from a site (which isn't a host provider) to the spam filter. You could try that if your account as those options. (most do) ~Joey