summer movies

@bgerig (1259)
what is your favorite movie of this summer season? Why? What was your biggest disappointment in a movie so far this summer? why?
@Nykkee (2523)
I think my favorite movei for this summer would have to be Knocked Up. It sounds like it is going to be a skanky movie from the title but it is actually a really nice story with alot of really funny parts and a happy ending. I really enjoyed it. I would call Knocked Up a feel good movie.
Was it crude? I just want to know so I can be able to gauge the age appropriateness.
@Nykkee (2523)
Yeah kind of, the humor and language is definitely adult. But it's still a nice movie I think because it tells a story that usually ends badly with a happy ending.
@kgwat70 (13396)
I would have to say that Pirates of the Caribbean has been my favorite summer movie to this point. Spiderman 3 was okay but not great and I just got home from seeing The Fantastic Four and it was good but not great either. It has been a disappointing summer so far but look forward to seeing the new Die Hard movie and Transformers. I am sure there will be some good movies coming out soon.
At first I was hearing all about the Transformers and I didn't understand the hype. Yesterday I saw the commercial for the movie. NOW I get the hype!
@ElicBxn (60884)
I've seen Shrek the third & Pirates so far, looking forward to Harry Potter. I've liked them both, think maybe Pirates a bit better. I expect that Harry Potter will be my fav tho.
My favorite movie of this summer is Transformers and it is a very interesting movie. And it reminds me of my childhood memory because I like watching its cartoon. The biggest disappointing movie may be 300 because it is not as good as I imagine. I don't think the war is necessary.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
We just rented ghost rider with nicolar cage and it was great. I love Sam Elliot and he was a guest on the show. I also rented Bridge to Terabithia and was very disappointed in the movie. I thought that it was slow moving and not very interesting to me or my family.
@tentwo67 (3384)
So far I have only seen "Surf's Up" and I liked it. The last two kids movies I took my son to (Meet the Robinsons and Happy Feet) had dark and scary parts that freaked him out although he enjoyed the movies overall. This one did not scare him. The other two summer movies I'm most interested in seeing are Ratatouille (sp?) and Evan Almighty. I've seen reviews that aren't that high on Evan, but I still want to see because I think it will be funny. Since I haven't seen much yet, I can't say I've been disappointed.
I haven't got one so far. Actually I haven't seen many now but I hope to see some soon, I'm actually going to take some dvds which I haven't seen on holiday which is about 2 months + away :) ~Joey
Out of all the movies that I have seen this summer season, the best one would definitely have to be Knocked Up. It wasn't the big blockbuster type movie that Shrek 3, Pirates 3, or Spidey 3 was, but it definitely combined a decent story with incredible gags and great dialogue. After that, I would have to go with Ocean's 13, which was more like the original than 12, which was definitely a good thing. As far as disappointment, I really was expecting a little more from Spidey 3, but it wasn't too bad. Most of the movies I saw enjoyed.
I haven't seen that many. I'd like to see Live Free or Die Hard, but I'm not sure what it is rated. One I've heard about that disappoints me is Evan Almighty. I wanted to see it, but it isn't getting good reviews. Doesn't mean I won't go see it though. : )
@sidoney (1033)
• Jamaica
biggest disappointment was epic movie the stupidest movie ever and I really liked spiderman