after watching scary movies

@stacyv81 (5904)
After I watch a scary movie, I have to watch something funny, like a funny sitcom or something before going to bed, do you do this? I have a friend who says she has to as well, I think it deters me from having weird dreams, but it freaks me out to go to bed in a completely dark room after watching something scary. What do you do? Go right to bed? do you ever have scary dreams after watching a scary movie?
@naty1941 (2336)
I don't have to watch scary movies to freak out; I just watch the news and it is scary enough. Also, I try not to watch anything that is scary before going to bed. If I do watch anything scary I won't be able to fall asleep right away.
@stacyv81 (5904)
I know, sometimes the news seems worse than a scary movie. It is real and right in your face,. The news always freaks me out, I cant watch that right before I go to bed either =)
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I am the same way I want to watch a comedy after seeing a horror movie espically if it is late at night.
@stacyv81 (5904)
yes, it eases my mind a bit =)
@axter69 (379)
to be honest most of my time at night is taken up by getting the kids sorted for bed and tidying the house. by the time i settle down to watch TV I am normally flat out and by the time I wake up the movie has finished and thedog has left me to go and get in his own bed. I have had a few bad dreams though, the one where I am falling is the worst it feels so bad and gives you a big shock......
@stacyv81 (5904)
I know, I can agree with you. Me and my guy go to bed late, and when we put the kids down, we like to spend our alone time together watching and enjoying a movie together, its kind of our thing! He really likes horror movies, I could take them or leave them,. but I always have to watch something funny after to ease my mind a bit! =)
@stacyv81 (5904)
well, I know we get are you being served, Is that one? We get a couple like that towards the end of the night
@stacyv81 (5904)
thats a funny clip, I am not sure if we get that here, but I'll look for it! =)
@balasri (26549)
I just love the horror flicks.I carry the movie in my eyes to the sleep and many a times I get nightmares.Even then I am fascinated by them.Could you please suggest me some really good horror shows.
@stacyv81 (5904)
hostel, have you seen that? its pretty good, Oh, and I love "Final Destination" parts 1, 2 , and 3! Those are great! Oh, and Wrong Turn, those are a little older. The messengers is supposed to be good.
@balasri (26549)
Seen messengers last night only.Good but very beaten.A mixture of Ring and Birds.Isn't it?I will try Hostel today.And thanks for the suggestions.My all time favorite is is Exorcist.Apart from a horror movie it is a well made movie by itself.
@stacyv81 (5904)
exorcist was a good movie, I would highly suggest Wrong Turn, it is one of my favorites if you havent seen it yet! =)
I do this too!!LOL!! I think it keeps me from having nightmares too, and it also lightens me up before going to bed. I can't just watch a spooky movie and then go to bed, I just can't.
@stacyv81 (5904)
me either, my guy laughs at me, but it is what I gotta do, if he wants me to watch a scary movie with him , he has to watch something funny with me! lol! =)
Nope. If I had a horror dream, I think I would like it but at the same time it is pretty scary especially when realistic. :) I think it's better than watching a film, especially when I dream about zombies and things. Give me ideas for writing my own story :) Lots of ideas, ~Joey
@stacyv81 (5904)
Good way to look at it! Wish I were as brave as you! =)
@wolfie34 (26792)
I'm always watching scary movies, so I guess I've become immune to nightmares and I always watch them in the dark makes them seem more real and scarier, the gorier the better for me. I watched Freddy V Jason the other night before going to bed on my own, I think real life gives me nightmares and there's nothing more scarier than reality right?
@stacyv81 (5904)
yes, that is true, reality is more scary, That is why the scary movies that seem like they could actually happen are the worst for me.= )
@maddysmommy (16233)
I actually don't watch many scarey movies at all, not sure why but I think its because I prefer to watch action ones or comedy, thrillers and sorts. The most scariest one I have ever seen and have not forgotten is "Them Omen" - now that really freaked me out LOL
@stacyv81 (5904)
yes that one really freaked me out too, The messengers is a movie that I havent seen yet, but the previews a lone are a little scary
I never have scary dreams after watching a scary movie. I've always fallen asleep with music or something on, whether I've watched a scary movie or not. I don't know if that affects my dreams or not, but as yet I've had no problems with scary dreams after scary movies.
@stacyv81 (5904)
thats good! I havent really in a while either, probably because of the funny show I watch after, I could see where music might have a calming effect on your mind as well =)
@worldwise1 (14887)
If I watch a scary movie alone, stacy, it has to be during the daylight hours. I can watch them at night only if someone is with me. I have a problem with nightmares since childhood, so I don't like to take a chance. I also like scary novels(which I do read at night), but I don't seem to get nightmares from them. As a case in point I watched Jeepers Creepers a few weeks ago. I thought it would not bother me since I had seen it before. That song kept running through my head until I went to sleep-and yes, I did have a nightmare.
@lols189 (4797)
i dont usually watch scary movies of a night time. i like to watch them anytime before 10pm
@mgmagana (3621)
my husband is so mean he know i get scared, so he will make me watch it right before bed and then turn off the tv right after it's over on purpose. but i hate having mirrors around at night and i sleep with the night light on!
@laltu86 (1253)
I always prefer to watch a scary movie at night , a scary movie at day light is just like ice-cream in chilly weather and tea in tropical one :) anyways its a good idea to relax the mind inbetween a scary movie and sleep because otherwise we can get nightmares :) I aslo read before sleeping so it doesnt matter i read even if i have seen a romantic comedy also :)