He bit me...one little tooth hurts!

@foxyfire33 (10009)
I knew we would have to deal with this eventually and I actually find it more funny than annoying. My little one is just over 7 months old and got his first tooth two weeks ago. He's still nursing and has no interest in bottles, neither do I really. Last night during his feedings he kept biting me. I think he was just as surprised as I was. I pulled him off when he did it and he just looked at me as if he didn't understand why I wasn't letting him eat. I felt so bad even though I let him nurse again a minute later each time. I've always heard that the best way to get babies to learn not to bite is to pull them off just like I did but now I'm really hoping there is another way. It hurts to have him bite and I'm sure it will hurt worse as he gets more teeth but I don't want to give up nursing him this soon and I don't like making him upset by pulling him off every time he does bite. Any other ideas or suggestions from moms who have dealt with this before?
@tinamwhite (3255)
Sorry, my friend, that is the way that I broke my children from doing this....it does hurt!! I wish that I knew a better way....
@foxyfire33 (10009)
That's ok, it's the only way I've heard of too. It's just a little heart breaking the way he looks at me because of course he doesn't understand what he's doing. I'm sure we'll both get over it. You know how it is the first time you have to "disappoint" a child... I'm actually just happy that we made it to this milestone. The longest I was able to nurse any of my other babies was 3 1/2 months so if I have to deal with being a chew toy once in awhile to keep it up then thats what I'll do... Just a little bit ago he clamped down so hard I couldn't get him off! That wasn't any fun. Hey, just noticed you lost your avatar today too. Seems like all the photos are having glitches today!
@kayrod2 (1304)
How that hurts! I either pulled them off, or just put up with it. But it is quite annoying. I didnt feed for too long after the teeth started appearing. Hope it works out, and you get another solution cheers