Fresh out of the Oven.

We visited a local farm today where we picked strawberries. My daughter had given me a huge bunch of rhubarb a couple of weeks ago. It had been waiting patiently to join some strawberries to make a strawberry-rhubarb pie. The wait was over today. I took the pies from the oven about an hour ago. So with our coffee this evening we enjoyed a warm slice of pie topped with Cool Whip. Do you prefer your pies served warm or chilled? I am more fond of a chilled pie, but the warm pie we are having now hits the spot.
Well I am not a huge fan of pie, but when I have it I just have it as it is. Which is room tempature. hehe I love raw rhubarb though and when I tell people that they think I am nuts. hehe But I love the taste of it. I hope you enjoyed your pie! I am sure you did hehe
You are in good company with loving raw rhubarb! I love the stuff. My husband thinks I am crazy when I eat it in front of him.
lol I am glad I am not the only one. Your the only other person I have EVER ran in to that likes raw rhubarb. hehe
@dhouston (417)
I've rejected rhubarb since childhood, having only been offered it cooked to a nasty paste and overloaded with sugar. What's it like raw?
@jennybianca (12919)
I prefer my pies very warm, with LOTS of cream. I rarely make pies now, as I can't restrict my self to just one piece. We often have our rubard pies with apples, rather than strawberries.
That sounds like something that I will have to try.
@villageanne (8579)
I love my pie served anyway it is served. I love strawberries and rhubarb both. I cannot eat strawberries anymore but I can have all the rhubarb I want and so I have been enjoying that. Bet your pie was good.
I fear that I overdid it with the strawberries today. The acids from the fruits will most likely do a number on me.
@Shaun72 (15970)
• Palatka, Florida
This sounds good I got strawberry's from the story grovery shopping.
The strawberries a the grocery store were pale in comparison to the berries we picked today. They were sweet and juicy!
@Shaun72 (15970)
• Palatka, Florida
I bet they were mmm
quite nummy!
• Marion, Kansas
Of course I like my cream pies cold, but I like my fruit pies served warm, with something good on top, or with coffee or milk. Pumpkin Pie I like both ways, or should I say any way you can serve it. I have not worked with rhubarb, yet, but I have a friend on here who inspired me to buy some. I have one little clump, and it is asking me to come water it right now. I have not been to a pick your own strawberry patch either. Man, I must really be missing out in life. Time to fix that problem. Go eat another piece of pie for me. I promise, I will burn the calories. Hugs, Heather
Heather if you promise to burn the calories I will have a slice for you. : )
I like pie warm better then chilled but enjoy it either way . And there are some pies that you just can't eat when they are hot like a coconut cream pie because if you cut it to early then it will run all over but I like to eat what is left over in the pot lol , if it doesn't all fit in the pie that I made .
That is the same for me. Especially if it is chocolate cream filling!
@dhouston (417)
I'm not a fan of sweet pies (although I love quiche, pork, veal and ham and other savory pies) so don't care one way or the other. I haven't bothered to eat a swet pie in maybe 20 years--much less make one. And I never could stand rhubarb, because it always gets served with enough sugar to knock over a hippo. The only way I like strawberries is fresh, raw and unadorned.
@KrisNY (7609)
OMG-- that sounds so yum! I love strawberries- I even enjoy rhubarb once in a while- I bet the 2 of them together in a pie is wonderful- I prefer my pies warm when they are cooked pies- Apple, pumpkin-- But really cold for the chocolate, cocount cream!
@kelly60 (4548)
I love it fresh from the oven with either Cool Whip or ice cream on top. Could I have a piece? Pretty please?
@TerryZ (22147)
Hey now your talking! I love anykind of pie as long as its alittle warm with some cool whip or whipped cream. Thats sounds so good. Can you please send me a piece?
Most of my pies I like chilled but I do prefer apple pie to be warm with some nice vanilla ice cream or whipped topping on it.
I like warm crust off of most pies. I don't like baked apples at all. I think the only pie I eat would be ma range pies.
@tuffy999 (794)
chilled pie is ok but there's nothing like fresh out of the oven. with the wonderful smell hanging around the kitchen. soo yummy.
@gabs8513 (48821)
I love Rhubarb Pie but I love Cherrie one even more but I have to admit I do not like them cold lol I love them hot with cream or Custard
@MsTickle (24726)
Oh give me warm pie every time. I love it with icecream. The only pie I looooove cool is pumpkin pie.
Did you save some for me sugar? Yummy. Too bad we cannot exchange recipes here anymore. I like my pies cold most of the time. But, I like cream pies mostly, and hubby likes the fruit better.
wow! that makes me feel hungry... i love my pies to be served chilled. For me it makes the pie sweeter, then serve that together with a hot choco.
@Marie2473 (8523)
• Sweden
Aww, can you send me a piece... Sounds lovely =) I prefer it to be warm, not hot but warm and then have a cold vanilla sauce to it =) I think i will have to bake pie soon =)
It kind of depends on the pie. If it is a fruit pie, I tend to like it warm with vanilla ice cream on top. For cream or meringue pies, I love them as cold as you can get them. But, that being said, I just love pie and I will eat it hot or cold. I actually have never had a strawberry rhubabrb pie. In fact, I just ate my first rhubarb pie on memorial weekend. I really liked it though. I think it would be excellent with strawberries too. I guess I'll just have to try it, huh? OK, Now I am hungry for pie.
@kareng (7986)
That sounds very good, especially with a cup of coffee! I like my pies warm or hot out of the oven. They just seem to have a little ZAP that way! I'm getting a new stove this week and can't wait to bake and cook on it!