Will you ever shut up?

I hate it when people say the words "Will you ever shut up?" It seems so mean and rude! It's much nicer to hear someone say "Excuse me." Of course, maybe it's just the tone of voice that makes it mean. I guess it's difficult to interact with other people sometimes and politeness and understanding is a rare thing nowadays.
@tammyr (5955)
• Etowah, Tennessee
I hate the word shutup. I do not use it and do not let my daughter use it. When we are at a Girl Scout meeting I do not let the girls say shutup either. I think it is ruse and there are many other ways to express your meaning!
Agreed! If you have mean things to say, it's important to let that anger out positively. It's difficult when people focus on letting their emotions out and not thinking how the other person is going to feel after things are said.
That's it. Politeness is rare these days. A "excuse me" would work so much better than " will you ever shut up?"
@habichuelo (3104)
excuse me?.......... hehehe!! just kidding.Yes you're right moral had gone,now is easyer to be rude than force our face to smile when we realy dont feel it.
@ram_cv (16516)
I will play the Devil's advocate here. "Excuse Me" sounds cute and polite, but the question is do people shut up when these words are used. Some of the polite ones do, but most of the people don't and then people have to use the harsher words "Will you ever shut up?". I guess as long as people don't heed to the first polite "Excuse Me", the following "Will you ever shut up?" is deserved. But, you are right, people should give "Excuse Me" a try first. Cheers! Ram