How do you show friends that you care

Many people would say they are your friends but I think when we say friendship, there is more to being just called as that. There is a lot more to it? How do you show your friends that you are a friend and that you care for them?
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
I show my friends that I care by being sincere, doing my best to keep my promises. I also do my best to be there when they need me. If something is important to them, then it is important to me. I am a very good listener and I like to encourage my friends. I try to find something positive in every situation. I just really enjoy seeing my friends smiling and when they are not smiling, I do the best I can to help them.
@tombiz (2039)
There are so many ways to show that we are indeed true friends to them. One is being available even for a limited time when our friends need us for advice and a shoulder to lean on. Just being there in good and bad times is sometimes enough to show that you care for them.
For me friendship is not about gifts, but more about listening when the other person needs to get something off her mind. If I listen to her when she needs to rant, then she'll return the favor, when I need it. A real friend doesn't shy away from the dirty work of friendship, but instead steps forward to embrace it!
I have a best friend that we have been like sisters since we were 3 years old. She now lives many miles from me, and even to this day if one of us need the other we have this strange way of knowing one of us is in trouble. I could be feeling down and just sit and think of her, in a couple days she will call me. When I answer the phone, she's like okay what's going on? I know when she needs me by having a dream about her, or all of a sudden I can't stop thinking about her. I have alot of friends, and I show them how much they mean to me by hugging them and listening to them and being there for them when they need me. I have a friend at work I hug every time I come in and she is there.
@KrisNY (7609)
I have a lot of friends- some closer than others. For my great friends I do a lot- I visit them- I’m there when they need anything- Tonight I’m going to my great friends house to wash her front windows- It rained and she hates streaks- I know this- Her husband is a National Guard and is doing his 3 week training for the summer- He usually washes them after it rains- He won’t be home until Saturday night- So I’m going to do it today- See even little things- She knows I care- and I know she would do the same for me- I pick flowers and take them often- I pop in often to surprise them- I’ll even drop dinner off when I know they are super busy and stressed- Friendship is a great thing!
• Pakistan
a friend in need is a friend indeed.
well there are hundreds of wys of showing friends tht u care. by being there for thm wenvr thy need u, also gving or offerign help evn if ur frnd hsnt asked one 4, respecting his or her decisions, and supporting thm witout being critical.
@TerryZ (22146)
I think its good to always listen to your friends. Give them support if they are having a rough time. Let them know you are here for them. Ask them if there is anything you can do to lighten the load.
@derek_a (10903)
I feel that is a friend is a friend when they accept you the way you no matter which way that is. I give people space to be who they are, think what they think - nobody is here to live up to my expectations and if they want to be my friend, that is fine, if not well that's OK. If you have to act a certain way in order to please a friend, then you cannot be your real self and to have the opportunity to be your self is something that is valuable in a friendship.
Hi hersmart4ever! I have very few friends and tthey are cloe to my heart.I always show my friends i care and express my feelings to them.I have always stood by them though happiness and sorrow. I go any extreme to support my friends.
by beinbg there for them whan they need you !
@abiesm (376)
• Vietnam
I don't know well what do I have to show to them Just try my best to help them whenever they want me to help, share with them my secrets, hear them when they get in trouble .. especially , we're friends because we believe in each other.
@mummymo (23709)
By being there to give them support and encouragement and sharing the laughs when things are going well! My friends know I will be there for them always - no matter what! xx
@psyche49f (2512)
When a friend is sick, by visiting her at home, or sending text messages or a call...If the friend needs someone to talk to for a problem, to be available...if that friend is in need of something, to offer help without expecting anything in return. That's how friendship may be expressed, and to show that you care.
@a_ce_e (1427)
I am a type of a person who cherish good friends. Whenever i thought they were sick i make sure to give them a visit and bring something to make them feel fine. I often call them on phone or send email even without occassions, do remember their birthdays even during hectic schedules. Give advices and take an extra effort to be there for them in times of trouble or whenever they need someone to comfort them. True friendship does not stop even both of you have their own families, keeping in touch makes the friendship last long.
I let the person feel that I'm a person he can count on in times of bad times too. I let him feel how important he is for me.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I listen to my friends and actually hear what they are saying. I am there for them in good times and bad. I will help them in any way I can except lend money. Money seems to end a lot of friendships. I am a very good listener.
@latsmom (824)
BY always being there for tehm when they need me, remembering special occasions and even sad ones, giving them a shoulder to cry on also and keeping secrets, giving advice. I would like to think that all my freinds know that I am a good person and in return my freinds are always there fo me when I need them too.
I keep in touch with them like sending them an email or an sms and making them feel they are remembered, listen and be there to them when they need me.
@seksiconnie (1173)
i'm a very sweet type of person...i hug them all the time, i give advice to a certain problem, and if i do have extra, i do lend them money if they badly need it..two way process, in return i receive love from them which would really make me feel glad.. and think that they really care for me:)