Does any one here have MRSA? I have MRSA

I have the super bug known as Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Areus. I had gone to the hospital because of cellulitis and wound up in the hospital with MRSA. The first time in the hospital was on December 26 for three days and then they released me. The treatments that they gave me were not working and so I checked back into the hospital on January 2 . This time they tested me for MRSA and I was found to have it. I spent a week in the hospital then and I almost lost my legs due to how bad it had gotten. I am putting tea tree oil on my legs daily to help and it seems to be working. I will probably never get rid of the superbug so I will just have to live with it and try not to agrivate it.
I find it very interesting that this wasn't found on your first visit. Just a routiene culture and sensitivity would have detected MRSA. And that should have been the first thing done with cellulitis. This is a bacterial infection in the skin, so it's odd that they obviously didn't do a standard C&S screen. What treatment did they do first? Do you have insurance? Sometimes if a patient doesn't have insurance and can't afford a lot of testing, the Dr will just give an antibiotic that would knock out most of the common bugs. How bad was your cellulitis when you first went?
I have health insurance from the city that I retired from and also I am a veteran who sees the VA on regular basis to take care of my health needs. Yes they put me on antibiotics to begin with and even after several trips to emergency room because of the rash on my legs they did not test for MRSA. On December 26 (the day ofter Christmas( I went back to the emergency room and was admitted for 3 days and even then they did not test. It was not until January 2 of this year that thy tested for MRSA and I was in the hospital for a week this time. I now use tea tree oil in my affected areas plus I wear support stocking. My girlfriend thought that I was going to loose my legs because that is how bad they looked.
@mrsbrian (1951)
my daughter has MERSA and im wondering what the effect tea oil has on the MERSA, or dose it just help heal the wounds?
After I got out of the hospital I was advised to put triple antibiotics on my legs as well as a cream (to keep the skin moist). It was not getting any better (the itching) and then I ran into someone that told me about tea tree oil. I started using the tea tree oil on my legs and it has helped a lot. Now that winter is coming on I am again getting dry skin on my legs so I will have to start using some lotion to keep my legs moist. I will be seeing my doctor at the end of the week and will tell her about my condition.
• Marion, Kansas
Sometimes they treat this with intravenous antibiotics. I know a man who had a hip replacement and got it. I believe the tea tree oil is a very positive thing to be doing. You probably were succeptible because of whatever is causing the cellulitis. Do everything you can to improve your health. My friend had the hip replacement removed, then they treated the MRSA, and when his blood tested clear of the infection, they replaced his hip, again, and he is doing really well.
When I was in the hospital they did hook me up with intravenous antibiotics. The last time I was in the hospital for a week. I am just hoping that I will not get MRSA again.
That was a very close call. If they know these things are out there why is it so hard for them to diagnose them? The doctors tel me that my brother tested positive for having it but that he doesn't show signs of it now. That's what I got out of my conversation with his lung specialist anyway. They can get rid of them it's just much harder to do. I wish you the best in dealing with this.
I think because of cost cutting they do not test as much as they should. and because they did not test when i first went in I wound up suffering with this disease. I just hope that i can get rid or it completely but I think that I will be living with it for the rest of my life.
@cdparazo (5769)
I hope you could try the Virgin coconut oil. It is said to boost the immune system and cure a lot of things especially those that are related to the skin.