Flooded

By Gabs
@gabs8513 (48715)
United Kingdom
Well I was going to see my Kids for a few Days tomorrow but it looks like I won't be They are flooded and the Motorways to them are closed Aparently they are expecting more Rain tonight and if there is they might be evacuated from the House as a big River will break and that will be it Yesterday they thought it was funny lol My Sons dog got out went into the water and then got scared, so my Darling Son had to run out and get and of course he was in new Trainers and guess what they where Vet very Wet as the Water went above his Ankles and then he had to pick Cookie up and carry her home and she is the Size of a Labrador lol My Daughter went over to see our Friends and she was clever she put Flip Flops on and short Trousers lol and paddled over I think today they are a bit worried though so until 11am tomorrow I do not know whether I will be going or not. I just hope this River does not break as I am worried about my Babies including my Son's Partner So they are waiting on news now but it has been put on Critical and they are expecting a lot of Rain tomorrow to the end of the week
@TerryZ (22083)
Oh Gabs that terrible I hope you guys are going to be all right. I know you guys have been getting alot of rain lately. Keep us posted.
@gabs8513 (48715)
I am ok where I am we have no floods yet it is where the Kids are where I used to live I hope they will be ok to
@TerryZ (22083)
Do you think you will still go? Or just wait and see? Please be safe.
@gabs8513 (48715)
The decision will made at 11am tomorrow but I don't think so as they are on warning for a lot more rain and Motorway round there are being closed of so it looks grim if not it will be next week They are on warning for 4 more Days heavy rain I wish I was there to protect them I know they are Adults but they are my Babies
@Lakota12 (42684)
I am so sorry to hear of them getting all that rain they could send some my way as we sorely need it. BUt I know ya cant . I sure hope the river doesnt go over its banks as that is a bad deal! tell them all to take care and hugs from me ok? hugs to you to if you get to go you be very very careful dont run into water where you cant see the road ok ?
@gabs8513 (48715)
Well as you know I am not going now and one of the Rivers has just broke they are calling the Army in for help now and possible that they might end up being evacuated most round the Area already have
@Lakota12 (42684)
all I can do is pray they are safe and if they have to leave the Army takes them to a safe place!
@Darkwing (21588)
Well, I hope the forecast proves to be wrong Gabs. I saw on the television that the M1 was closed, which is why I asked you about it. They'll be ok, even if the river does burst its banks because they're on alert for it to happen. It's better for you to wait a while and have a safe journey up, because they're saying that the reservoir above Sheffield is likely to go over if they have any more rain. Please take care, whatever you do. Love and hugs. xx
@gabs8513 (48715)
Well one of the Rivers in Bently has broke the Army is now being involved and there is a possible chance that they might be evacuated as most round the Area already have Love and Hugs xxx
@Darkwing (21588)
Yes, I saw that the army had been called in. We're lucky here, in that we don't have any rivers of significant size to cause so many problems, and they seem to have resolved the flooding problems we used to have by fitting new storm drains. I hope it stops soon up there; it seems from Wales, right across the Midlands and up to South and West Yorkshire. In Worcester, the cars were only showing about an inch or two of their roofs. I hope the kids are ok anyway. Love and hugs. xx
@weemam (13377)
All this rain seems so unnatural pal , I am lucky as we live high up , the drains outside our house stopped working one time when they couldn't cope as it was blocked with leaves . Some of our neighbours were prettty lucky as it stopped just at their front doors , it was just too much for the drains to cope with , I hope it stops raining soon so you can go visit pal xx
@gabs8513 (48715)
I don't think I will be this week they are expecting a lot more for the next 4 Days and I think they are going to end up evacuated a lot of People already have been round the Area and if that river breaks they have had it xx
@weemam (13377)
we can just hope the rain isn't as heavy if it comes again pal , we never stop worieng about our kids pal , xx
It is scarey when rain delivers more than we expect. Flooding can occur in even areas that are not known to have such a problem. We have friends who live in an area that received so much rain that the river flooded the banks and much of the town in which they lived. They were fortunate that their home sits high on a hill overlooking the town. Many homes in the town were completely submerged.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Well they might be evacuated today as one of the Rivers has broke now and they are calling the Army in now for help
We are having lots of rain in the states, too. Not too much here in central Kansas, but in Oklahoma, near my Dad and my brother. Your daughter was clever, just as long as the water does not float her feet out from under her and float her away. Meanwhile, what does Gissi think of all of this water, or is it affecting you at your home? I think I will try to get in touch with my dad, as his house is down pretty low to the ground, I hate to think of water coming in for him and for you.
@gabs8513 (48715)
No it is not affecting me here that Kids live up North and I was going to visit them tomorrow for a few Days but I do not think that I will be now as the Motorways are closed of so I won't even be able to get there
@royal52gens (5380)
Here in the States, across the big pond from you, I have been watching the news tell of flooding in Texas. Now mind you I used to live there and I still have friends there. I can not imagine that area being flooded or how they would handle it. I do hope your family members will be alright. Maybe they should come to your house until this storm passes.
@gabs8513 (48715)
They can't get out all roads are closed including Motorways that is why I will more then likely not be able to go tomorrow
@tinamwhite (3255)
Oh, my friend, I am so sorry that your babies are experiencing such torrential rainfalls.....it can be very scary for a parent to wonder and worry about the safety of their children.... I will pray for your children's safety..... I will pray that the rains will slow down and the waters will recede and you will be able to visit and all will be happy and safe... Are you in danger from all of the flooding??? OMG, I certainly hope that you and Gissi are safe from these threats...please do let me know as not I am concerned for your safety too!!
@gabs8513 (48715)
No we are ok at the moment but my Son said it was on the News that the whole Country will get bad Rain at the weekend but I am not near a river if they get more the River will break and they will be in trouble
@addysmum (1225)
I know how concerning it is when things start flooding around you. We flooded in 2005 in Alberta and so many of my friends lost everything, several families had their house float away, one family had their whole farm float away there wasn't a building left at the end of the flood. My thought are with your family during this time of unknown for them. Keep us informed on how they are doing, I hope there won't be to much damage and loss for them and their neighbors.
@gabs8513 (48715)
So do I I really hope not and I hope that they will be ok
Gabs Ii hope it stops raining , I will pray for you and your family . I hope you`llbe able to go visit ... Please let us know how they are doing ...
@gabs8513 (48715)
Nope Kitty looks like I am not as more Rain announced and Motorways are closed so I wouldn't even get there so it will be next Thursday
I`m sorry , I hope everything is ok for your son and family are they close by ??? Maybe they could come stay with you and Gissi til the waters drop ... Then you would still have your visit ... What would Gissi think of that Idea ???? GOD BLESS GISSI ... Let me know how it works out ...
GHi Gabs I am just wondering how your son and family are doing , I do wish them well ... Could you please let your friends know how they are ??? Good Luck !!!
@byfaithonly (10716)
Well tell them to send some of that rain our way - we need it desperately. It actually did start here about 5 minutes ago but we need a day or more of steady rain. Grass in the yard is burned dry and even the lower areas are dry. Hoping you get to make your trip though.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Nope I didn't Sweet as all Motorways are closed to there I have just posted a link with the update News on it all So I will not be going now till it is over
@MsTickle (24993)
They are young and resillient Gaby and I'm sure they're all prepared for whatever happens. What river are we talking about here? How far are they from it? The weather sure is screwy. I can't remember wearing my coat all the time as I am this year. It certainly wasn't this rainy or this cold I'm sure.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Sweetie if you have sky or cable watch it on the News they are now on Alert for Evacuation We are talking about the River Dom and a couple of others have already burst and it has closed of part the Village If you see Toll bar on the News that is a 10 minute walk from where they live and that is still rising so if they can't stop it they will be hit
@brendalee (6083)
I hope everything works out okay for your kids. And I am not going to tell you not to worry because I know you will anyway. Its what us mothers do best. I think I worry more about my son now than I did when he was small.lol.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Yes we do well they might be evacuated as one of the rivers has broke near them
@petspets (476)
• Antarctica
Comforting hugs to you, you worry-worm, like me. I just read BBC news on the Net that it is no longer on severe alert but it will rain. :( . I'm keeping my fingers very crossed that your children 2+1, dogs and cats are safe. More hugs to you.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Well it is now Pets as one of the Rivers has broke and the Army is being involved now so I am waiting to hear if they will be evacuated as most the Area already has
Gosh I hope they are safe and do not get flooded out of their homes. I hope the rain stops enough so you can go see them. I know how disappointed I would be if I could not see my children. Good luck.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Nope the Rain started again and one of the Rivers has broke now so they have now called the Army in for help
@hoghoney (3749)
Gabs where is Tinker again, I cant see her. Is she lost, I will be out looking for her, just hang on we will find her.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Well I can see her she has been gone but is back again now
@nannacroc (4049)
I hope things work out and the river doesn't break. I'm sure they'll e fine but I know what you mean about being worried about them. It doesn't matter how old they are they are still our babies aren't they?
@gabs8513 (48715)
Yes they are nannacroc I just spoke to my Son and so far no rain but the News reckon it will be during the Night
@lols189 (4797)
i hope it doesnt rain like that bad gabs so you can go and see them as you always have good stories for us all when you come back. i hope it stays off for you
@murciaman (441)
Yes we live in the west and it has simply not stopped raining onand off all week and very heavy rain too.. luckily we are not prone to flooding where we are ...although there are some roads in hollows that get floodd from time to time.. i ahve to travel to manchester this sunday late night to pick up my daughter so im hoping the weather improves by then . i hate motorways when it is heavy rain and difficult to see..you are just so much at risk and it is out of your control...