Do you tell your spouse/partner how much you appreciate them?

@dlkuku (1936)
Recently, I realized that I haven't told my husband how much I appreciate him in a long while, so I made a special effort to tell him. I told him that I appreciate that he is such a hard worker and a good provider. I appreciate that he took extra effort and worked extra hours just to provide me with a home, a car and other things. I appreciate that he stuck with me even when I didn't deserve it. I appreciate the fact that he does love me, even if sometimes we do fight. I appreciate that he raised my kids as his own and helped me to care for them. He was quite surprised when I told him these things, and it really gave him a boost. He has been down a bit lately, he really does work too much and he does get discouraged, but saying these things to him made him feel better about himself and he was encouraged.
Unfortunately, I don't tell my husband often enough how much I appreciate him. He works long hours to buy our home, pay for our car, feed our bellies, take care of our every need. I find that sometimes I actually resent him for working so hard and for so long. Sometimes it feels like he cares about work more than he cares about the family. But when all is said and done, I know that the reason he does this is because he loves us so much, and only wants the best for us. Every once in a while I try to make it a point to tell him how much good he does for me and our children. On a daily basis we thank each other for all the small things we do. "Thanks for making me dinner." "Thanks for doing the dishes." "Thanks for changing Maddy's diaper." I find that the little thanks add up a lot.
@dlkuku (1936)
I know exactly how you feel, some days I don't even see my husband, since I work too, but he will work even on his days off and sometimes it's frustrating. I know his reasons are valid for working so much, but sometimes I think our relationship suffers because of it. We do tell each other thank you for the little things too, but I just felt that I needed to really tell him how much I appreciate him and I think he needed to hear it.
I know exactly what you mean. I think everyone needs to be told how much they are appreciated, every once in a while. This might sound silly, but one of the things my husband did recently that gave me a great pick-me-up is comment about me on his Myspace.com page. In the "heroes" section he wrote, "Others who do things for people less fortunate than themselves (Melissa)." That small sentence made me feel so good.
@dlkuku (1936)
That is a nice comment he made about you. My husband always thanks me for the little things, and I need to do that as well for him.
i tell mine everyday i don't want a day to go by without him knowing how wonderful he is to me.
@dlkuku (1936)
That is good that you do. Thank you for commenting.
@beyonce03 (2331)
I tell my boyfriend all the time how much I love him and appreciate him. Most of the time I like to write long letters to him. WRitting is a good way for me to express things that I couldnt say. He knows that I appreciate all the things he do for me :)
@dlkuku (1936)
Letters are a good way to express yourself. Thanks for responding.
@twils2 (1812)
Hi Dlkuku, I am always telling my wife how much I appreciate her and how much I love her and she's always telling me the same. Me and my wife have a great relationship and we hardly ever fight. I'm glad that you tell your husband these things because they let him know that his efforts are apretiated and I'll bet he appretiates you too. Take care, Terry