Can you leave behind your pet dog when transferred to elsewhere?

@oarnamav (2708)
One of my friend recently has been transferred to a place long away from here and he just didn't care to have his pet loving dog along with him and I see that dog moving arround the friend's house all the time. I tried to feed some bread but it refuses to accept it? Is that dog missing his master and going under starvation? Why is that dog not eating food? Will it opt to die without food and starving? I feel so sad.......
@asmurthy (2464)
Your friend should have found a home for his dog and leave this place. Dogs are sensitive to love and affection of their masters. I think this particular dog understand the situation and start taking its food. If the new owner feeds the dog with love and affection may the dog start taking food.
• Kottayam, India
If it is possible tell your friend take the dog away or you can send it/keep it with you.Make him as your pet.
@oarnamav (2708)
It litterally refused a piece of meat even, I tried a fresh hot bread, milk too. It was painful for me to look at this dog sitting at the door step and waiting for his master and just refusing every thing. I called up my friend and told him about his dog, and he could simply say me that it will adapt the soon as the time will go. I am helpless!