Who's hungry?

Tonight for dinner I grilled shrimp and cod and halibut on the barberquer. It was the first time I cooked fish on the barbe. It was really good. I basted the shrimp with olive oil, garlic and dill. I basted the fish with butter, dill, garlic and lemon juice. They were good also. Now you ask so what why is that a big deal? I will tell you, I was not raised on fish, mom hated fish and would not cook it. I could not afford it when the kids where little pluse I use to think I did not like it. I have learned I love some fish and am teaching myself how to cook it. I also served a salad with sliced tomatoe that were vine rippened not from my garden, home grown cucumbers, and red onion with a home made vigerette dressing, home grown green beans with butter cooked in foil on the barbe and a friend made a potato cassrole. YUM a great dinner. Good food and good friends served and ate out on the patio by the pool. I think that was the best part. Tell me what you had for dinner.
@pyewacket (43962)
OMG----next time you have a dinner like that can I come over?? LOL That sounded so great! I love fish...and it is expensive--one of my favorites is Catfish with hush puppies To be honest, today we experienced our first real heat wave..the weather was humid/hot..I did cook up some macaroni to make homemade macaroni, and boiled an egg to make deviled eggs...but otherwise just sliced up some cucumbers, tomatoes and had lettuce for a nice salad...
Nothing like fresh veggies. I have three more cucumbers that will be coming off the vine soon. I and this weekend I started a planter of cantalope. I hope they do well. I will be happy with a few cantalope. I do not know when they are ripe but I will learn. My squash is slowly growing.
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Wow, your taste is so much healthier than mine! =p I was starving tonight, but since I didn't really feel up too cooking wound up eating out. Patty Melt and chili cheese fries from Hardee's, which totally set me back on my low-sodium diet I'm supposed to be doing. I just couldn't resist though! =p Tomorrow I plan to make spaghetti, which will be much healthier for me!
I have never been to Hardee's but chili cheese friend and Patty Melt yum, last night we had salad with left over baked chicken on it and sliced boiled egg like a chefs salad. WE are spolied in CA to be able to get so much fresh veggies at low prices and grow our own.
@lecanis (16739)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I would really love to be able to grow my own veggies! That's one of the big things I look forward to if I ever get to own my own house! =p Here there aren't a lot of options for getting fresh things, but I do love my veggies when I can get them! Mostly it's just a matter of feeling up to doing the cooking, which just isn't happening much for me right now. Still, I'm already thinking about that spaghetti. I'm half tempted to go make it now in the middle of the night, but I think my hubby would be annoyed at me for being up cooking while he sleeps!
My hubby would never wake up he would never know. He sleeps through anything
@brendalee (6086)
It was so hot here today and nobody wanted to cook, so we were kind of putting it off. Then my boyfriends uncle called and wanted to give us his extra air conditioner and he also said that he had some leftover stuff for us if we wanted it. He gave us italian sausage(complete with onions and peppers), some salt potatoes and two ears of corn. It was a great dinner especially since we didn't have to cook it.lol.
Yum, did you make sandwiches with the sausages? I would have if I had some french rolles. I do not know what salt potatoes are. You had the best kind of dinner free and you did not have to cook it.
@brendalee (6086)
We only had hot dog buns to put the sausages in but it was still good. Salt potatoes are just really small potatoes that are cooked in lots of salt. You just boil them. Yes, free and already cooked is always nice.
@craz2max (254)
Oh, you make my stomach growl. Alas, I have to have a procedure done on wednesday morning so it's been nothing but clear liquids. I am so looking foreward to being able to eat when I'm done.
You poor girl, good luck on your test and enjoy our first meal. LOL
@gabs8513 (48803)
Well I have to say that sounds very tasty and if you would have told me I would have been there Mine was very basic lol Baked Potato with a Prawn Salad
yum