What will you do when you hear a unexpected knock on your door at midnight?

@cmsk2005 (1770)
Hello friends1 Are you all very brave? Or you are like me? What you will do if somebody knocks at your door at midnight and you were in deep sleep and you weren't expecting someone that time. Will you be veru scared? Well, I had this things once, we were in Dallas last year and those days we always used to order pizza online every other day and pizza hut delivered it within max 10 pm. One day I ordered it and then we recieved our pizza about 9 pm. As usual we eat the pizza and went to bed and dont know when slept. Suddenly about 1 am at night, we hard two times very loud knocking on our door!!!!!!! I was really really very much scared and we were thinking of calling 911 so got the phone and pushed the number....just waiting for another knock....after a few minutes the man outside asked us "Have you ordered Pizza?" We said "no". Then we hard he left and no more knocking or anyother noise. That was really something that night!!!! I asked the delivery boy later as he used to know us, he told that they deliver generally within 10. So I dont know who was that??? Do you have anything happened like this?
@omupas (1243)
If someone was pounding on my door at midnight I'd probably go to the window and peek outside and see who it was. If I didn't know who it was I'd probably just ignore it. I figure if it was someone I knew they'd probably call me first. The one time this happened to me, it was 2:30am and someone was pounding on the door. It turned out to be a friend of mine who didn't want to drive home from the bar since I lived closest to where he was at he came to my place to sleep instead of drive drunk (which was a good thing on his part).
@cmsk2005 (1770)
It is better to ignore when that thing stops totally....but if it starts again then ? And I spent rest of my night thinking that it may start again.....is it funny friend?
@omupas (1243)
If I ignored it the first time and it stopped, but then it started again, I'd probably call the police at that point if I didn't recognize who was at my door. I wouldn't risk opening the door or anything like that. I don't think it'd be funny at all.
@TerryZ (22083)
No it hasnt. I dont order pizza anyway.LOL I would be very afraid to open the door at that time of night. And I wouldnt unless I can see who it is and ask them through the door.
@cmsk2005 (1770)
You are right Terryz, it would be better if i could see who he was but my apartment was in such a position that I could not see thru the window and it was hard to see clearly thru the eye whole when its night...
@anne_143god (5390)
It happened to me once that someolne knocks at our door at a very late night but I discovered that it was my relatives. First I will take a look if I know the person who is knocking before of course opening it if I dont know the person of course I wont open it for it is already mid night and I'm putting my self at risk.
@cmsk2005 (1770)
Thats why we were fully prepared to resist if anything happens but it was actually hard to see whi it was u know.....
oh that is a very scary experience... i dont think there is no delivery in the middle of the night...if that happen to me i will never open the door just open the light to let him know that there are people inside because if i will not talk maybe they will also go onside and rob us.....
@cmsk2005 (1770)
That is good idea but i had no choice like that as if i did the light on he would be unable to see from where he was.....so...
@nnsb75 (632)
i haven't experience somebody knocking the door that late but even its day time i usually look out the window first before opening the door and if i don't know the people i don't really open it specially i'm not expecting anybody
@cmsk2005 (1770)
well I hope this doesn't happen again and to anybody else ever...it was really scary dear