Has anyone on your friends list ever turned against you? What would you do?

@LittleMel (14059)
Maybe not friends on mylot, but other forums and real life. Let's say you always reply to this person's discussions, being a friend and supportive to her or his problems. But when this person responded to your discussions, most of the time he or she was thinking negatively about you while the rest of the responders seem to understand more about you (and yet they are not on your friends list). Knowing me, I replied negativeness with negativeness, even if this person is on my friend list. What would you do if you were me?
@tredale (1313)
It hasnt happened to me LittleMel that I know of but I do think we all have opinions and I dont think that its a real problem with one of my friends responding negative if it relates to the topic if it was a personal jab then I would respond appropriatly but still get my point across. Well Id like to hope I would.lol
@LittleMel (14059)
'Responding appropriately' is what I have been doing, at least what I think is appropriate to continuous negative responses, considering I never give such responses to any of this user's topics
@tredale (1313)
Then I think there is very little to do but to ignore him and maybe even wipe him off your friends list. Good luck I hope you sort him out.
@LittleMel (14059)
why have I not thought of that? cleaning up my friends list - thanks for the tips!
Well, I had this happen to me...but it was the opposite..I had one or two who understood and the majority turned against me on one forum..But the Most Important One was on my side and in the end we all saw where wisdom lies;)+
@LittleMel (14059)
thanks for sharing. I know which discussions you mean :)
Tee hee hee..I didn't think you would know which one it was;) But you know..it proves that God will always shield the just one and even though the mountains fall and the hils turn to the dust the love of the Lord will stand as a shelter for all;)+
@LittleMel (14059)
Oh Ok, so that's another topic :)
@laridbz (1287)
I was thinking about this issue today. Once I was insulted by someone who was not on my friend's list, and consedering his star rating, he probably does/did this on a lot of discussions around. I simply ignored him, and in a few days his post was deleted. A couple of other times, people from my friends lists didn't exactly turn against me, but I got a couple of not-so-nice responses. Not that they violated any rules or were offensive, but they weren't kind at all. I did just the same. Didn't say a word about it. I guess it's the best way to go. Keep replying negativeness with negativeness won't take you far in my opinion. You'll probably only waste your time. Well, but then that's just my own opinion and the way I act. If you think it's better for you not to leave it and show your disappointment, so do it. Cheers, my friend!
@LittleMel (14059)
I can see your point. I think this person feels superficial after seeing my supportive responses all the time. I'll save time for those who deserve it, and not waste it on this person.
@laridbz (1287)
Hi! Thanks for the best response, dear! :)
@LittleMel (14059)
you're welcome
@whyaskq (7553)
Frankly speaking, I am not sure if I prefer the person to reply negatively or not respond at all. On second thoughts, if the person does still reply, I would think it is a win-win for both of us. He gets his deserved point, I get my response. I may not bother about his negativity, and perhaps try to respond in a more positive way. It all depends on my state of mind then.
@LittleMel (14059)
you're right. he or she might be trying to get the best of me in times I needed a support. I think I will stop being supportive to this person in the future. In majority those on my friends list are active and so I have many other topics to respond aside from this person's topics anyway.
@whyaskq (7553)
Maybe the person will come to realise it if you continue to support him positively? Just a thought. Happy posting :)
@LittleMel (14059)
maybe. I will see how much further I can go in being supportive
@sukumar794 (5047)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
I am rather soft spoken .but mingles very well with my friends . My behavior at any time would not invite hatred or enmity from anyone . In this regard so far , I am ablessed soul.
@LittleMel (14059)
sukumar, you know what I have never thought of you otherwise. your topics are unique yet somehow I can relate to them. you are one of the good guys among those on my friends list :)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Thanks very much for the compliment . I would very love to have nice friends like you . Good luck and all the very best to you .
@polachicago (19143)
I guess it didn't happen with you, why anyone would do it? Words are good way for misunderstanding and maybe we read between lines, what is not written, unless it is really negative meaning.... Hugs!
@LittleMel (14059)
I thought it was only me, but now I'm not so sure about it
@Corezz (1017)
• Netherlands Antilles
Well I don't mind him/her. I go on with my life and follow my own thoughts. I think if that is his or hers opinion you should never mind and go what you think.
@LittleMel (14059)
I just feel strange about it, maybe this user doesn't really want to be my friend, but why request friendship in the first place? weird eh?
@Corezz (1017)
• Netherlands Antilles
Maybe he/her is not serios. And thought this is just a game... Take care friend.
@LittleMel (14059)
after so many responses I really hope he is not serious :)
I have to admit, I treat people how they treat me - if they respond to my discussions negatively, or leave negative comments on any responses I've made, then I tend to start to see them in a negative way, and will either completely ignore them, or leave negative responses for them. I think, if people are going to behave in a rude or nasty way, they should be more than prepared to recieve the same type of treatment - it's only fair, after all.
@LittleMel (14059)
exactly. that's the way I will do it too.
@suspenseful (40326)
I have someone on my friend's list who wants me to be tra-la-la, Polly Annish about everything. Some of the things I talk about did hurt me really badly emotionally and she cannot understand this. So if I sound rather out of sorts, it is nothing against you personally. I do try to be supportive, but sometimes I am a bit less tactful than I could be. Usually I can tell by the post whether the person is like me or whether she is the type who is thinking, 'I hate you, I loathe you, I despise you." These latter run the risk of, well you know, while the others I try to let her know that I understand.
@LittleMel (14059)
I wonder why she couldn't tell that you were hurt, though. why bother asking for friendship in the first place?
@lols189 (4798)
nobody on my friends list have ever turned against me which i am glad about
@LittleMel (14059)
that's lucky of you. people change to the worst sometimes, which is bad for me
@shambuca (2560)
remove them from friends list- and then leave a response to him/her saying that while you appreciate them responding to your discussion but you were hoping for a more positive answer.
@LittleMel (14059)
I've seen very good responses for this thread, yours is one of them. thanks, shambuca!