Chatting online has this ever happened to anyone?

I have been chatting online for near 10 years, i've met alot of nice people online threw different programs.. OF course now they have Webcams were u can see each other as u chat and voice where u can talk to people on a mic.. I am just wondering have you ever met someone online that just almost takes you to another world i mean they are so very nice to you and you and that person just click... I have a friend i will admit i have know for maybe 6 months we talk alot on chat and on the phone We cam with each other and we just get along great.. We talk about just about anything that comes to mind like from what we did that day to what's our favorite foods just many kinds of things.. Have u ever had a connection go so great that you are or might be afraid that one day you will say something to upset that person and make them go away?
@liyan97 (2128)
• Northern Mariana Islands
sign - No trespassing allowed!
About 5 months ago I opened up my Myspace and found a friends request from a guy, who happens to live in the same are I was in. I added him as a friend and he began to send me messages that include poems and short notes. At first I was shocked! But then after reading many of his notes, I figured there would be no harm if we decided to chat via IM. We began to chat for about two months and I noticed that I as each day passed my anticipation of signing on and chatting with him continued to grow. I was so anxious to log on every evening just to chat with him. I always thought that it would be harmless, but sadly I was wrong!After three months of chatting, he called my home. I was freaked out! I couldn’t understand how he got a hold of my phone number! I asked him not to call anymore because I didn’t feel comfortable with him being a part of my life outside of myspace and chatting, but he continued to call and even had the audacity to speak to my children! I was so disappointed that things ended up the way they did, after all, did enjoy the conversations we had via chatting. One day when he called my brother was here and I asked him to explain to my “friend” that if he ever called me again I would call the authorities and file a complaint for stalking! He never called again; I also blocked him off my myspace! I even went as placing this sign in front of our home...lol!I have learned a valuable lesson with this experience; I hope that things work out for the better with your situation! Good Luck?
@liyan97 (2128)
• Northern Mariana Islands
It is so weird how people can take things the wrong way! And here I always assumed that only ladies fall n love to quickly...lol... In all seriousness, it is really sad how people can prey on woman like us....It is scary and I hope i don't have to go through that experience again:)
I hope you don't have to either, it does though take alot of time getting to know someone from online at least it has from me, i mean to a point where i can talk to this person about my very personal issues.. I would never just im a person and say i need someone to talk to are you willing to listen to me lol NEVER!
@donsky14 (5963)
nope. I haven't experienced this. Cause I don't really chat online anymore. I did met a friend last year [online]...she was really kind. She was willing to help and she always listen to my problems.
This person does that exact same thing i do have a few people i talk too but this person would just stop and listen and i do the exact same thing to him.. Sometimes it's like knows something wrong but i don't say anything it's almost like he can read me...
@donsky14 (5963)
wow...thats really something.
why do you say that? isn't that what friends are suppose to do well not drop everything just to listen to someone but listen to one another? I mean if not what would be the point of even talking to them?
I have had a lot of friends online through the years but I think what you have to remember is that all you kow about them is what they tell you and the only sides to their personality you see are what they show you. Chatting online is great fun and I would even consider alot of people on here great personal friends but I know that if maybe I met them I might not like them so much. The way you perceive someone as well is only 10% words and the rest is body language and tone which is something you can not familiarise yourself with fully so while you think someone might have a dazzling personality they may not. I am not by any means trying to say that what you have with this person is fake but it just MAY not be what you think it is and you have to remember that. I have met a few people off the internet and they have all been lovely though. I even went out with someone for 18 months and after years of him being my ex I still speak to him. In fact I was speaking to him last night and the levely thing about getting to know each other online is that you odn't have much of a guard when telling people things about yourself which you might have to overcome if you met them in a bar or something. I think the fact that you said you worry that you will do something to make them go away means that you care for them alot but be careful that what you are falling for is actually the person that they are not just what they make themselves out to be cos peoples own peception of themselves can be quite different from how others perceive them.
Actually yes i do care for this person (as he told me did for me as well )it's almost like i know him in person but never met him strange enough to think that but it's true.. I've had other people on chat that would say the same thing oh i care about ya but never says much, humm makes ya wonder or at least it does me anyway.. I've been very good actually on picking people out not judging them or anything like that just knowing what kind of person they really are.. like for example what is this person really trying to get at it might take a bit to figure it out but i manage to do it. When they know i have figured them out they don't say as much anymore nore do they act all macho about things...
Well it does sound as though you do have something special. Just don't be disappointed if you meet and it isn't the same but it maybe.
we've talked about meeting at some point, We both want too but it's kinda hard when i live in one state and he lives in another as i told him we do have time we aren't going anywhere... We just have a bond that i've never had with anyone before it's really neat.
@marciascott (25554)
Hi, friend, I would love to get a webcam, they are nice to have. do they cost alot. I would like to see people that I am chatting with too. I think it would really be fun. Then I can see you and chat with you. Have a nice day! Thanks for coming to my discussion.