Tips For Servicing Waiters

@molusk (857)
In dining out at restaurants, I usually leave a paper bill as a tip for the servicing waiter. However, if my wife will have her way, she would instead leave lose coin change as her tip. In your own way of doing things, how do you tip your servicing waiter?
@loverenth (136)
my parents have always done the same thing when we dine out before, i was still a kid then. But now that i'm working and earning myself, when i dine out, i don't leave any tip at all when i know that the resto charges a service fee. so i dont see the reason for leaving any tip for the waiter. but let's say they don't, i leave coins instead of bills,unless the waiter really went an extra mile to satisfy me.
@molusk (857)
heh ! You are just like my wife. Thanks for sharing, loverenth.
@cynddvs (2950)
I always tip at least 15% ofthe bill. If I get really good service I will tip 20-25% of the bill. Her in America food servers work really hard for their money and most of them only make $2.13 an hour. And I believe when you tip really well the servers will remember you and give you excellent service everytime you come in.
@molusk (857)
And that's very true. As what I always tell my wife, a good tip begets a good service. cynddvs, thanks for sharing.
@babostwick (2037)
I try to tip as best as I can. Usually a dollar or two extra I bring for that. It just depends on the service and how everything goes. Usually it goes good so a tip is given. I give what I can.
@molusk (857)
That is nice to note that you give what you can and also, depending on the service. babostwick, thank you.
@Inky261 (2524)
I think it is all the same for the waiter as long as he gets real money that he can spend. For me it depends on how high the bill is. I give ten to fifteen per cent tip. If I only have a cup of coffee I give a coin but if I invite my family for a dinner I might give a bill.
@molusk (857)
ten to fifteen percent tip is already a blessing to a waiter. Thank you Inky261 for sharing