Did you make your spouse purchase a new home when you got married?

When you got married, did you make your husband buy a new home to use as the marital home? Or, did you move into the home that he shared with his ex-wife or ex-girlfriend before he met you? Did it ever feel like your home or hers?
@zandi458 (27952)
I think my spouse is the most fortunate guy alive on this planet! When I just started my career I was very ambitious. I inherited a piece of land from my mom and immediately build a small cottage with four rooms. The house was not really complete when I met my soon to be husband. When I got married he only have to fork out little to complete the house and buy the furnishings. I have been living here eversince.
Wow! That is the ideal situation to be able to start one's married life with a home of one's own. I wish we'd been so fortunate. But, we are working to get our little slice of heaven on earth. Thanks for sharing your story with me.
move into a house his ex anything lived in?? do people do that?????? ..i guess they do but i just havent ran across anyone i know who ever has..i dang sure wouldnt want to live in any house that was lived in with another woman...i think that would greatly irk me ..we bought our house a yr after we got married aint nothing much a teeny little place (could fit in my moms living room) but nooo woman before me and i plan on being the only woman here lol
I've always thought that living in a place where a man's former wife/girlfriend lived would be like Jane Eyre. Very spooky! It would her her house really, even if she no longer lived there.
Isnt much about love if you are forcing them to do things. Then it would be all about you. I think it is something the couple should work out and do it in accordance with what is best for the couple.
@horsesrule (1960)
My now ex-husband bought a house to talk me into marrying him. It worked. I would not have been able to live in a house that he had lived in with a girlfriend or previous wife. That would have felt too weird.
@angela2006 (1846)
if he can afford ,I will advise him to buy a new house and actually we can sold the old one.I do not want to live in a house where he and his ex shared ever,I think it is a memory of theirs,I can not ignore that,so I want a complete new.
@tinamwhite (3255)
We began our married life in a rental house...but now we do own our own farm.... I would never have lived in her house and would not have expected him to live where I shared a home with my ex...