Wholesale shopping???

Ive never really shopped at a wholesale club before. I have been inside and looked around but never shopped. I just recently got myself a sams club card along with a BJS club card. What do you buy at your local wholesale club? Do you save money on the items that you do buy? Thanks
We have a business/personal membership to Sam's club, but haven't been in several months as we had gotten it for the restaurant we were managing at the time. We would buy alot of paper goods, different canned good items in bulk #10 cans; pudding, vegs, beans, etc..., cases of ketchup, mustard, and so forth. About 16 yrs ago we had a personal membership I had gotten from my job and we bought meats in bulk, vegs, cereal, and so forth. When you 1st start shopping there, you have to figure out your time frame for using things too. Will it go bad before you use all of it? Do you have room to store extra items when not in use. If you have a deep freezer, then go meat shopping and stock up! Ours has a pretty good selection of fresh meats. I can't remember if they still have them, but we use to buy the cereal. 1 big box with 3 different kinds in bags for like $7 something. Pretty good deal for name brand cereals. I am sure that price has gone up though since it has been 16 yrs ago. Most items you will save money on as you buy in bulk. I did check out the diapers and I think Wal-Mart was cheaper on those. Good Luck and have fun shopping! ;)
We shop at the Super Center Walmart and their prices are similar to Sams. But they don't do big lots of merchandise. I am afraid that my entire money budget would go into buying big packs of paper towels and cans of soup if I shopped at warehouse stores. That's just me though. Many women swear by the wholesale clubs. Do they sell milk cheaper there? We use a lot of milk here.
We buy household products such as toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning products and food staples like pasta, flour, olive oil. We defintely save in the longrun.
@KrisNY (7592)
I used to be a member of Sam’s Club- I found that have a lot of great items on sale around Christmas- hot items—and they are usually cheaper- I bought 2 or 3 sets of American Girls box sets of books for my daughter- About half the price of Barnes & Noble. A portable dvd player there- great deal. I don’t shop there often for groceries- I know a lot of my family does- but I don’t like to buy in bulk- I’m a shopper every week—where as they shop once a month and then go to the store quick like for needed things. I have never done this- I’m sure you can get some good deals- but be careful and watch the prices- Sure it may look cheaper but when you figure it out- is it really?
@happymom1 (1179)
We are also a member of Sams club and we always go there once a week. We usually buy there because its cheaper by wholesale so we prefer to go there. Also that store have a nice stuff and their fruits are all fresh also vegetables.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I have also bought from wholesale clubs but that was before.I just went there when there are promotional sales, i cant buy products there because mostly its more fitted for stores and sari sari stores and it does not fit for personal use coz its more on the number of items sold and its more expensive and would not fit my budget.