#6 is out of order & no surprise

@webeishere (36353)
This wasn't a surprise nor is it in my garden or flower beds. I went out for a photo trip last night before getting my wife from work. This is a wild flower/weed growing all over near the Mississippi River. Does anyone have any idea as to what this is called? They are so pretty close up. From a distance I think wild mustard for some reason. HAHAHA! I have a couple shots including a close up again and a shot with a Robin digging for worms from a distance that I'll add to responses later. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@creematee (2810)
Picture of a bird's foot trefoil. - I found this picture on the 'net by doing a search for wildflowers. Hope this helps.
What a pretty picture Bob! We have these plants all over in Iowa, too. Growing along the roadside ditches everywhere. From my searching this morning, I decided that this must be a Bird's-Foot trefoil Also known as: bacon and eggs, butter and eggs, hen and chickens, Dutchman's clogs, lady's fingers, lady's slipper, granny's toenails and Devil's fingers. Here's a link to more information about it. http://www.arkive.org/species/ARK/plants_and_algae/Lotus_corniculatus/more_info.html
@webeishere (36353)
Well thank you very much. Seems to be the same "weed". Hahaha!1 HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@creematee (2810)
You are very welcome. I love this little "what is it?" game!! The trefoils are one of my favorite ditch flowers. Mostly because they are so bright and such a happy yellow flower! :)
@creematee (2810)
Thank you Bob for the BR. :)
@jennybianca (12914)
I can't identify it. Is it really possible to be a weed? It is very beautiful. Just imagine a carpet of them everywhere. I rated your photo & wrote a comment.
@webeishere (36353)
Robin & Weeds - Here's a robin searching for worms and or bugs in the same weeds.
Seems to be a weed. I see them all along the highways and parks and just all over the place. They grow in patches too. Not a large area covered but scattered around in one area. Here's another shot of these scattered about. Thanks again. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@KrisNY (7591)
Grandpa Bob- I have never seen a flower like that- It is pretty- I love Yellow flowers- Usually wild flowers bother my allergies but they are quite pretty to look at- I like them best when there are fields of them- I once took a picture (before the digital age) of my daughter sitting in a field of wild phlox. Gorgeous!
Wild flowers are so beautiful. The problem with many of them is that they are invasive plants. In our state it is illegal to grow many of the plants in your backyard. This is because they grow so fast that they become uncontrollable. They are problematic plants even with their beauty.
@webeishere (36353)
Yeah we have some wild grasses that are illegal to have and plant as well here in Minnesota.
@blackbriar (9080)
Have no clue what kind of flower/weed it is but sure is pretty. Thank you for taking it and sharing with us.
@webeishere (36353)
Yes it is very pretty be it weed or wildflower.
@dixielol (1581)
Humm, no idea what it is. But it is pretty. I have some strange flowers growin in my yard. Not sure what to call them but they are pretty. Maybe I can take a pic. & see what everyone here thinks they are.
@sjohnson628 (3197)
That flower is beautiful. It kind of looks like it might be in the Iris family. Anyway what ever it is it sure is beautiful! Good luck on finding out what it is. I hope someone here knows.
I responded right from my email and now that I have read the other responses I see it is a trefoil. Nice! I guess I do things a little backwards.